Nike Topic.

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
schueller
New User

the field is industrial design or something like that

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Local store just received Superfly II's in almost a month or more early. I have em pre-ordered, my friend is getting his tomorrow, I put my 200$ deposit down. Should have them by end of next week. :D

For your enjoyment, taken from Soccerpulse.

soubido007

are those ctr and laser3s with carbon fiber sole plates??

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Why yes they are.

soubido007

so nikes gonna release those?? or is it some player custom ones...?

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

they come out sometime after the world cup.

avipbn

I herd they're called "Nike Elite"

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

I have an unboxing video as well. I'll get to that later though. Here are my Nike Mercurial Superfly 2's. First on the internet, I think. Anyways...here yall go.

soubido007

those superflys look better in these real life pics

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

soubido007 wrote:those superflys look better in these real life pics
I can't wait to give them a test drive in a pick up game tomorrow.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Took the superflys out for a spin today. Had a hard time with them in a pick up game today, they were really stiff, as are all cleats though. But just a few hours ago I took some shots, they were starting to break in, but they still need a few more outtings.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

dibi
New User

Wanderer wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote:They are graphic designers. The people who design the actual boots, however, are engineers.

Ya noe what type? material engineering? jz askin coz interested in goin into this field..
Giggsy11 wrote:http://www.nikebiz.com/careers/career_a ... ation.html

that might help. I'm interested in this career too. I'm currenly trying to find out what kind of college degrees these guys have. I will let u know when I find out.
If you are interested in the developed in sports apparel and more specifically football boots, you need to look down a mechanical or a sports engineering degree path in university/college, the only problem is that sports engineering is only offered in very few universities/colleges and there are many different disciplines ie. mechanical, civil etc.

The types of subjects you would need to look to do are biomechanics, mechatronics, human anatomy, design. Engineers these days are expected to know a bit of everything within their discipline so there arent many specific engineers like 'material engineers' as a person who has a mechanical eng degree for example shold know what materials are applicable for each situation they face.

If you want to know more about sports engineering in general go to www.sportengineering.com and it has everything you would like to know, like where they offer the discipline, lucky enough i was able to do sports engineering as my home city was the first to have it as a university degree within australia. Its very interesting and boring at the same time because unfortunately there is large quantities of mathematics involved.

foodsample

My father is a civil engineer. And recently my older sister started college, and wanted to study engineering as well. But my dads advice to her was if she was going to do engineering, to do mechanical engineering because it is a field that is ever expanding, and has the more versatility to what it can be used for. That way you could use your degree to hold a full time job in maybe another field of ur license, but still have learned the tools needed to do what you want, which Im guessing is design football cleats
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

I envy you math folk, if I could do math proficiently I would do either engineering or Astrophysics.