Nike Topic.

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
CJBoy

Nope, it's still in the sole(of the SuperFlys only), and I think there's a carbon heel wrap like in the IIIs.

soccer11
Admin

jonpollock wrote:have they got rid of the carbon fibre now then?
did you not like the carbon fiber then? I liked it. it made the shoes lighter and never broke for me, though I know of some people who said that it broke. I also think that carbon fiber looks pretty sweet on boots.

jonpollock

soccer11 wrote:did you not like the carbon fiber then?
i loved the carbon fibre, owned two pairs of sls, and im thinking of maybe getting the citron ones too, its just because its not visible anymore i werent sure if it was there or if because its flywire theyd just got rid of it as it will be lighter anyway.

im liking the new black and silver V's, but the superflys just dont look right now im used to the lace cover, but im sure theyd be better, cos you can actually open all the laces on them to get a better fit. im sure ill get a pair to try.
SigByMe

neoExodus

they are reducing the boots weight and taking the security out of them, they have been reducing it ever since mercurial 2.. thats bad, thats really bad...

tjsokkerplayer

does anyone know if any new color dios are coming out soon??? maybe white and blue spark???

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Diablo510
New User

nice link!!
but whats the main diff between the super flys n reg vapes?? i c the 100$
Futbol es Vida
YaY AreA

jonpollock

i belive its flywire, no lacecover and the bottom of the boot has a carbon fibre sole.

correct me if im wrong.
SigByMe

ZackariusTime

i also hear that the superflys has a better upper material.better than the tejin microfiber. its suppose to be more like a 2nd skin. you can read about it on footy boots.com under superflys.

Diablo510
New User

hmm i just saw the pics for the superflys.....and r they getting rid of the lacecover to make it lighter? or realistically the lacecover doesnt make a diff?

i would think the superflys being waaay more than reg 5s would have the lacecover and reg ivs wouldnt......but i still dont like the colors....maybe just maybe the silvers r clean.
Futbol es Vida
YaY AreA

CJBoy

Flywire(or NikeWire I'm not sure) is the name of those strings/fibers in the boot's upper that support the foot.

jonpollock

hows the sizing on the III's i wear 8.5 in IV's and theres a bit of room at the front but they fit fine on the sides, when ive tried on 8 they fit perfect at the front but there tight at the sides, obviously because i cant open the laces all the way.

i was thinking that maybe an 8 in III's would be perfect as i can open the laces to stretch them out a bit. anyone else with III's and IV's, what sizes do you have them in?
SigByMe

jbpye
New User

Don't go with the 8 in the III's stay with the 8.5 in the III's. The vapor III is narrow while they made the vapor IV a little wider. I wear a size 10 in the vapor III and I can take a size 9.5 in the vapor IV. I think that even though an 8.5 is a little long for you the vapor III will squeeze on the sides of your foot and that will make you fill out the front of the 8.5 in the vapor III.

ivanjm422

does anybody know how air legend II compare to nike laser II in sizing?
please help

jonpollock

jbpye wrote:Don't go with the 8 in the III's stay with the 8.5 in the III's. The vapor III is narrow while they made the vapor IV a little wider. I wear a size 10 in the vapor III and I can take a size 9.5 in the vapor IV. I think that even though an 8.5 is a little long for you the vapor III will squeeze on the sides of your foot and that will make you fill out the front of the 8.5 in the vapor III.
id heard that before, but i thought seen as though you can open the laces right up theyd fit better.
SigByMe