Nike Topic.

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
soccer11
Admin

they're made leather vapors in the past
that being said, i think it'd be pointless because these current vapors are already heavier than before and making them leather would just make it heavier

Ballack13
Veteran Member

BGbeast23 wrote:I guess because leather weighs more?
Maybe some people want the durability of the carbon fibre. Chase, your stupid. 8)

soccer11
Admin

the vapor IV itself isn't carbon fiber though is it? only the sole. the mercurial SL's though are all carbon fiber. i'd still rather have the Nike skin or whatever it's made out of now

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Let's not call other stupid. Unless the "other" is erick, then fire away :D . Anyway, Chase have you not heard of Vapor Ks? They were released at the time of the Vapor Is and they were very succesful. So I don't doubt it that Nike makes Vapor IV Ks without a lace cover. I judt don't know how a leather lace cover would look...I think it might just take away from the boot.

soccer11
Admin

what if they had a leather boot but synthetic lace cover?

Ballack13
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:the vapor IV itself isn't carbon fiber though is it? only the sole. the mercurial SL's though are all carbon fiber. i'd still rather have the Nike skin or whatever it's made out of now
Yeah, I know that, but its just the sole plate im talking about, its more durble and less likely to rip then the normal vapor's sole plate.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:what if they had a leather boot but synthetic lace cover?
ehhhh....That just wouldn't work.

soccer11
Admin

the vapor III's sole was carbon fiber too except it had a synthetic layer over it.
BGbeast23 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:what if they had a leather boot but synthetic lace cover?
ehhhh....That just wouldn't work.
yea i didn't think it would either, just throwing it out there

Ballack13
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:the vapor III's sole was carbon fiber too except it had a synthetic layer over it.
No, ive got vapor III's and they dont have a carbon fibre soleplate, if your talking about that little strip of carbon fibre under the insole, i wouldnt call that a carbon fibre sole plate...

Here are some pics of the Laser II SG

Enjoyz.
http://www.enjoyz.com/bbs/read-htm-tid-46603.html

soccer11
Admin

Ballack13 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:the vapor III's sole was carbon fiber too except it had a synthetic layer over it.
No, ive got vapor III's and they dont have a carbon fibre soleplate, if your talking about that little strip of carbon fibre under the insole, i wouldnt call that a carbon fibre sole plate...
yea i have vapor III's as well and that's exactly what i meant haha. the sole plate is hard because of the carbon fiber, which is a good improvement from previous versions. more flexible and won't break

Francis8
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
Ballack13 wrote:
yea i have vapor III's as well and that's exactly what i meant haha. the sole plate is hard because of the carbon fiber, which is a good improvement from previous versions. more flexible and won't break
the vapor III's are nowhere near as comfortable as the vapor II's. The III's are not at all flexible, the II's I can bend until the back and the touch, but the III's I can barely bend 30 degrees.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

Ballack13
Veteran Member

Francis8 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
Ballack13 wrote: No, ive got vapor III's and they dont have a carbon fibre soleplate, if your talking about that little strip of carbon fibre under the insole, i wouldnt call that a carbon fibre sole plate...
the vapor III's are nowhere near as comfortable as the vapor II's. The III's are not at all flexible, the II's I can bend until the back and the touch, but the III's I can barely bend 30 degrees.
Are you really ever gonna need more then 30 degrees of flexibilty, I mean come on, have your toes ever curled all the way to your heel? :P

no, because its impossible.

netherlands92
New User

hey guys i was wondering if you could help me out , if someone was selling for example a red and gold colorway of the vapors would they be fake since there not out yet?

MojoMatt

sorry i couldn't get a better pic, but does anyone else see the resemblance?

2brown347
Veteran Member

If you found some then it would help to post the link so people could see it for themselves and give a better analysis of if it's ligit or not, but there is a good chance they are real. People have connections and it's not uncommon at all to see people selling unreleased boots on ebay or a similar site.