The Boot vs. Boot Thread

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Post Reply
Omaisgrande
New User
Posts: 24
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 10:25

Post by Omaisgrande » 22 Jan 2010, 20:02

I'd go for vapors, although uncomfortable, they are really light. Laser 3's look to bulky and strange in shape.Anyway try to ask anyone owning them.



Adidas Predator X or Nike CTR Maestri?Urgent, I can't stand my Tiempo Classic Ligera anymore!

acmilan94
Senior Member
Posts: 186
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 05:41
Location: California

Post by acmilan94 » 23 Jan 2010, 05:31

Adidas Predator X or Nike CTR Maestri?Urgent, I can't stand my Tiempo Classic Ligera anymore!
Why didn't you like the ligeras? Personally I love them, the sandpaper thing in the front prevents rips, so it lasts a lot longer. And they're probably the lightest leather cleats you can get.
I'd say the CTR's, they just feel a lot more comfortable than the Predators. But then I own the CTRs and i've only tried the Predators on at a soccer shop so who knows, maybe it molds to your foot.
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

foodsample
Senior Member
Posts: 105
Joined: 31 Jul 2009, 23:42

Post by foodsample » 23 Jan 2010, 18:08

I do feel that the powerspine on my Truestrikes help open the area on my foot that can get power out of a shot. However, although they do feel great now, they are prone to having pressure points. I have heard nothing but good things about the comfort in CTR though.
I think what I like best though is no one else has the Truestrikes in Red/Black around here yet xD
"Y lo uvieras pegado al uno o dos que te salian?"
"O la hubiese tirado a la mierda, como lo hago siempre"

Mascherano ftw!

"Focus on the effort, not the results.. then results will come"

Live by it

a_twig
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 20:41

Post by a_twig » 19 Mar 2010, 16:20

Here's another one: UA Dominate Pro FG vs. T90 Laser II vs. Tiempo Legend III? I play GK mostly, and sometimes defender. I have wide feet, but I hate it when cleats are loose on the sides. I'd prefer having a forefoot shank/spine to a piece of TPU or rubber on the upper, but I'm more interested in durability. I need a cleat that will last for most of the year minimum. If anyone has a better idea for a cleat like that, please say so.

lizzymagvire
New User
Posts: 2
Joined: 06 Apr 2010, 06:44

Post by lizzymagvire » 08 Apr 2010, 10:56

Frm picture it looks really nice boots but it's gents boots. I am looking for the female shoes and that alos lighter in weight which we can wear when hanging out near to our home.

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 08 Apr 2010, 19:37

Adidas AdiPure vs Nike CTR360 maestri

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

dudeman
Senior Member
Posts: 293
Joined: 23 Jul 2008, 06:24

Post by dudeman » 08 Apr 2010, 21:18

which adipure?

Juice
Senior Member
Posts: 245
Joined: 19 Jun 2009, 16:39

Post by Juice » 08 Apr 2010, 21:22

3

The most important key to success is self-confidence.
The most important key to self-confidence is preparation.

eltopo
New User
Posts: 10
Joined: 18 Aug 2009, 05:00

Post by eltopo » 11 Apr 2010, 23:04

Hi guys I am on this new team and we play on weird fields, our practice field has long grass but its very bumpy and our usual game field is bumpy with not that much grass. I am looking for boots that have good ankle and heel stability/support for under 100 dollars, any suggestions? I currently wear some adidas absolions if that helps.

dream_on_go_pro
Senior Member
Posts: 199
Joined: 25 Jul 2008, 19:29

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 09 Jun 2010, 17:28

I know this is a very old topic, but I am having a lot of trouble deciding on what cleats I should purchase. I usually play center half and sometimes I play on the wing. On occasion I will play defense and even striker based on where the team I play for is lacking. So basically I need an all around boot, but I dont want to go too heavy. Four main choices have come to me. (price isnt a big deal)

LegendIII vs. Predator X vs. Vapor VI vs. Laser III

(I mainly need cleats for touch, control, passing, and solid grip for direction change)

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post by TommyGun » 09 Jun 2010, 17:56

dream_on_go_pro wrote:I know this is a very old topic, but I am having a lot of trouble deciding on what cleats I should purchase. I usually play center half and sometimes I play on the wing. On occasion I will play defense and even striker based on where the team I play for is lacking. So basically I need an all around boot, but I dont want to go too heavy. Four main choices have come to me. (price isnt a big deal)

LegendIII vs. Predator X vs. Vapor VI vs. Laser III

(I mainly need cleats for touch, control, passing, and solid grip for direction change)
I'd probably add the CTR's in that mix as well. It's a sub 10 ounce boot that goes very well with your main needs. It offers enough protection to play defense as well. I have the CTR and Predator X, and I like them both. Just read reviews on both from players to try to get a good idea of what you'd like from all the one's your interested in.
Image

dream_on_go_pro
Senior Member
Posts: 199
Joined: 25 Jul 2008, 19:29

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 11 Jun 2010, 02:34

I think I am going to go with the predators. I have always been a nike guy, but the preds are growing on me. I have some CTRs in indoor shoes and thoroughly enjoyed them. However, I would like to try something new with the predators. One question though, should I apply leather food to the whole boot or just some areas?

bom1221
Senior Member
Posts: 147
Joined: 01 Jan 1970, 00:00

Post by bom1221 » 11 Jun 2010, 03:45

so my puma king XL's ripped about a week ago after playing with them for about a month and a half. pretty good cleats but if you play with them a lot it wont last long. for now im gonna be using my old ronaldinho dois which might just be my favorite football boot but im looking into getting another. i have no idea what to get though. i am very fast so boot weight isnt too much of a problem, but what i like is a very good touch, control and comfort. mainly the reasons why i liked the dois, and nike tiempo's so much. and lastly, my feet are pretty wide, with a little arch and a big size so a potential boot has to accommodate for my insoles. Any ideas?

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post by TommyGun » 11 Jun 2010, 03:55

dream_on_go_pro wrote:I think I am going to go with the predators. I have always been a nike guy, but the preds are growing on me. I have some CTRs in indoor shoes and thoroughly enjoyed them. However, I would like to try something new with the predators. One question though, should I apply leather food to the whole boot or just some areas?
The Predator X is a good boot. Just know that the CTR indoors and CTR Maestri's would be quite different because of the upper material, etc. Anyway, There's not a ton of leather surface on the Predator so it's quite easy to apply the leather food. I'd probably on do it once a month because you don't want it to soften the leather too much because it would have a tendency to break down easier. The toe area from midfoot on the outside of the boot to the midfoot of the inside of the boot is the only surface you could treat. The offset lacing and the predator zone takes up quite a large area on the boot. Make sure they are completely dry before you apply the food, and leave them overnight to dry on their own. If you get the black/red or black/yellow or black/blue, you can go with the Chelsea black polish. If you go with the white/yellow or UCL boot, get the Chelsea clear.
Image

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post by TommyGun » 11 Jun 2010, 04:04

bom1221 wrote:so my puma king XL's ripped about a week ago after playing with them for about a month and a half. pretty good cleats but if you play with them a lot it wont last long. for now im gonna be using my old ronaldinho dois which might just be my favorite football boot but im looking into getting another. i have no idea what to get though. i am very fast so boot weight isnt too much of a problem, but what i like is a very good touch, control and comfort. mainly the reasons why i liked the dois, and nike tiempo's so much. and lastly, my feet are pretty wide, with a little arch and a big size so a potential boot has to accommodate for my insoles. Any ideas?
Weird...the tiempo's are fairly narrow I thought. You could stick with the Legend III's or try the Adipure III's...maybe even the Umbro Speciali based on your previous boots. I know the CTR's have the removable Poron insole so they should work on that regard. You can usually find the CTR's on a fairly good deal if it's a uncommonly big size.
Image

Post Reply