The Boot vs. Boot Thread

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Footer
New User

Post by Footer » 19 Oct 2009, 15:24

Go for Adidas Leather shoes or Nikes synthetic?

Current shoe: Adidas Predator
Possible buy: Nikes Mercurial Vapor V or Nikes Mercurial Vapor Superfly

I've always had a preference for Adidas shoes. I have tried out other makes ones but never got attached to them. I believe I'm a bit biased now towards Adidas, but these last couple of days Nike had got my attention and I'm curious in trying them out.

Here's the deal. I like the touch in my current Adidas Predators. The feel of the ball and the molding of the leather to my feet is really good and I like the shoes. I've always liked the soberness of the shoes in term of style, while Nike tries to show off more with fancy colours and top player names. Although my very high preference to Adidas, I feel like Nike has improved so much that I can't close my eyes for it anymore, while I don't really noticed that improvement for Adidas when comparing my current Predators to the Predator I bought several years ago.

The problem is I have a bit of a "fear" with regard to the "synthetic" material in the Nike shoes (I know they also have leather versions, but with respect to those shoes I think the difference between shifting between Adidas and Nike is smaller). I understand synthetic makes the shoe a lot lighter, but I'm afraid you have to give in too much with regard to the touch and feel of the ball. But I do would really like a lighter shoe.

But okay :) chances are high I'm gonna try out the Nike Mercurial Vapor V or superfly anyway (although not straight away probably because my shoes are still intact), but it would be nice if someone could compare these shoes, and also the Adidas Predator. Perhaps also synthetic vs. leather in general.

Thanks for your help!

acmilan94

Post by acmilan94 » 19 Oct 2009, 22:58

adidas predator powerswerve vs. Nike Total90 Laser II FG(k-leather) vs. nike ctr360maestri
Nike super ligera vs Nike tiempo classic lites
I'd buy the super ligeras, i have a pair and their really comfortable. and their pretty light compared to other leather cleats in the opinion. the sole is really thin and flexible, you can feel the studs there. Also, the k-leather stretches A LOT so when you buy them make sure their tight, almost uncomfortable.

Anyone have ctr360s? i notice a lot of the pros wear it but none of the teams i play have a person with maestris
--
"There's someone out there practicing right now, and if you face him, he will win."

No9
New User

Post by No9 » 22 Oct 2009, 04:59

Puma v1.08 K Leather SG/FG Pro Pack vs. Lotto Zhero Gravity

mr_dude

Post by mr_dude » 24 Oct 2009, 01:31

I'm going to knock the budget down a bit here:
Nike Tiempo Mystic III Indoor vs. Adidas AdiCore Indoor.

dream_on_go_pro

Post by dream_on_go_pro » 25 Oct 2009, 14:51

nike vapor 5 vs. nike air legend 3 vs. lotto zhero gravity

I play center mid or wing. I was thinking about the vapes but i only really really like the yellow and black which are pretty pricy. I also like the zheros if i can find my size under 150

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 25 Oct 2009, 23:00

Footer wrote:Go for Adidas Leather shoes or Nikes synthetic?

I've always had a preference for Adidas shoes. I have tried out other makes ones but never got attached to them. I believe I'm a bit biased now towards Adidas, but these last couple of days Nike had got my attention and I'm curious in trying them out.

Here's the deal. I like the touch in my current Adidas Predators. The feel of the ball and the molding of the leather to my feet is really good and I like the shoes. I've always liked the soberness of the shoes in term of style, while Nike tries to show off more with fancy colours and top player names. Although my very high preference to Adidas, I feel like Nike has improved so much that I can't close my eyes for it anymore, while I don't really noticed that improvement for Adidas when comparing my current Predators to the Predator I bought several years ago.

The problem is I have a bit of a "fear" with regard to the "synthetic" material in the Nike shoes (I know they also have leather versions, but with respect to those shoes I think the difference between shifting between Adidas and Nike is smaller). I understand synthetic makes the shoe a lot lighter, but I'm afraid you have to give in too much with regard to the touch and feel of the ball. But I do would really like a lighter shoe.

But okay :) chances are high I'm gonna try out the Nike Mercurial Vapor V or superfly anyway (although not straight away probably because my shoes are still intact), but it would be nice if someone could compare these shoes, and also the Adidas Predator. Perhaps also synthetic vs. leather in general.

Thanks for your help!
Ok well i had the same model predators, you had...and now I have the black vapor V's (as shown above)

The predators are very comfortable, and are great for passing and shooting. The think I ahte is that after 5-g months of intense use, they fall apart. The predators touch is ok but they often a lot of protection. They are a bit heavy and bulky and retain a lot of water.

I Love my new vapors. At first they aren't comfortable, but once you break them in they feel lek you are waring nothng. The prblem with this feeing though, is that the vapors offer very little protection (if you get stepped on it hurts like a bitch) So if you play with a ton of tackles and challenges, I would advoid these. I think the vaoprs have a much better touch than the Pred's.....I feel like I get better foot to ball contact.....and the vapors have the best stud patter for changing directions and sprinting.

I would definetly try the vapors....if you don't like them.....it's not the end of the world....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 26 Oct 2009, 21:50

MUFC1994 wrote:

Thanks for your help!
Ok well i had the same model predators, you had...and now I have the black vapor V's (as shown above)

The predators are very comfortable, and are great for passing and shooting. The think I ahte is that after 5-g months of intense use, they fall apart. The predators touch is ok but they often a lot of protection. They are a bit heavy and bulky and retain a lot of water.

I Love my new vapors. At first they aren't comfortable, but once you break them in they feel lek you are waring nothng. The prblem with this feeing though, is that the vapors offer very little protection (if you get stepped on it hurts like a bitch) So if you play with a ton of tackles and challenges, I would advoid these. I think the vaoprs have a much better touch than the Pred's.....I feel like I get better foot to ball contact.....and the vapors have the best stud patter for changing directions and sprinting.

I would definetly try the vapors....if you don't like them.....it's not the end of the world....
the thing is most boots won't offer much protection if some1 is going to step on my foot it's going to hurt no matter what it's the difference between wearing a glove and a slightly heavier glove.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 27 Oct 2009, 00:50

nick117 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

the thing is most boots won't offer much protection if some1 is going to step on my foot it's going to hurt no matter what it's the difference between wearing a glove and a slightly heavier glove.
true, but it hurts less....but its probably just in my head
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

PhilippLahm16
Sophomore Member

Post by PhilippLahm16 » 28 Oct 2009, 01:42

TOTAL 90 Laser II or Predetor Powerswerve?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 28 Oct 2009, 18:37

Just based on my own experience with the Powerswerves, I can tell you they are prone to falling apart very fast, although they are a great shoe. The leather type, if that is what you are going for, could last a while without any problems, but don't expect a lot.

A couple of my friends have Total 90 Lasers though, and, while I can't speak for the comfort or anything, they are durable as sh*t. Really depends on what you want out of your shoe. I guess comfort is the main thing, so try them both on, but remember what I said about falling apart.

Also, Powerswerves are more for, well, power. And Total 90 Lasers are a better shoe if you're looking for accuracy. They both have lace covers, to my knowledge, and are both pretty light, and in a similar price bracket.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 28 Oct 2009, 20:15

Rome_Leader wrote:Just based on my own experience with the Powerswerves, I can tell you they are prone to falling apart very fast, although they are a great shoe. The leather type, if that is what you are going for, could last a while without any problems, but don't expect a lot.

A couple of my friends have Total 90 Lasers though, and, while I can't speak for the comfort or anything, they are durable as sh*t. Really depends on what you want out of your shoe. I guess comfort is the main thing, so try them both on, but remember what I said about falling apart.

Also, Powerswerves are more for, well, power. And Total 90 Lasers are a better shoe if you're looking for accuracy. They both have lace covers, to my knowledge, and are both pretty light, and in a similar price bracket.
Total 90's are durable, but they are so uncomfortable, the k-leather on the Preds are so soft, I had the lasers, and the leather is worse than cardboard....

I don't mind the preds ripping, I just send them back and get a new pair....

skakid613
Sophomore Member

NIKE CTR360 Libretto TF vs. Nike First Touch II

Post by skakid613 » 30 Oct 2009, 01:59

NIKE CTR360 Libretto TF vs. Nike First Touch II

I need some new turfs for this upcoming session... wanted to know opinions on both of these cleats. Im thinkin of getting the CTR360 because I've been curious about the firmground cleat and figured I'd try the turf ones out first but I've always had my eye on the first touches and i can't quite make a decision.

Footer
New User

Post by Footer » 30 Oct 2009, 14:28

MUFC1994 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:Just based on my own experience with the Powerswerves, I can tell you they are prone to falling apart very fast, although they are a great shoe. The leather type, if that is what you are going for, could last a while without any problems, but don't expect a lot.

Total 90's are durable, but they are so uncomfortable, the k-leather on the Preds are so soft, I had the lasers, and the leather is worse than cardboard....

I don't mind the preds ripping, I just send them back and get a new pair....
Thanks for the advice!! I'll have a go with them :) after years of wearing adidas I'll just have to find out how it is with those light nike boots

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 02 Nov 2009, 03:28

Nike CTR 360's vs Puma V1.10/08's - for mine the CTR's looking a tad mix-match and clunky, but they're growing on me. :)

I'm a huge fan of V1.08's, went through 2 pairs last season. I don't seem to get as much whip on them as I'd like and the 'shooting area is a bit low as the ankles don't raise very high. If the CTR's are fine weight-wise then I'd given them a serious look (as well as the indoor versions).

JMack7

Post by JMack7 » 01 Dec 2009, 01:13

okay so my konstrukts have holes in them, and my absolute's are peeling from the cleats. so i'm looking for new shoes...and at the moment i'm looking at tiempo classic lite's, or adipure 1s...i have wider feet, my price range can't be of a shoe like a vapor 5 or any other expensive shoe...if anyone has any other suggestions for shoes it would be much appreciated, thanks fellows