The Boot vs. Boot Thread

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 14 Jul 2009, 13:11

No9 wrote:Thank you Alexio. True, been using SG Absolutes and was wondering how six-studs would compare cause now i probably have to get a pair of SG Nike Legends since the Powerswerves are inhumanely tight(in my opinion).

On the topic of Adidas' AdiPURE IIs, Are the Adidas AdiPURE II tailored for the wide-footed Adidas consumers(as opposed to the Preadator Powerswerves)?

-noticed a handful of Pros hung their Predators for AdiPUREs (not sure if it's relevant though).
No worries mate.

Adipure IIs are quite slim as well as the Predators, but the K-Leather appears to be more supple on the Adipures for greater feel and touch on the ball. I'm seriously considering buying a pair after my Puma V1.08's run their course. Or hey, more pairs couldn't hurt. ;)

No9
New User

Post by No9 » 14 Jul 2009, 18:35

Well said Alexio. :)

God does AdiPURE IIs are pure class. Reckon Michael Caine would've been proud wearing a white-out pair with his signature three-button suits walking down Savile Road. Tried out a pair and it was reminiscence of my Absolutes, so hopefully it will mold as-well.

Speaking of AdiPUREs. Adidas AdiPURE vs Adidas AdiPURE II

-besides how irresistibly sexy the AdiPURE IIs are, i've read on ExpertFootball's 'Player Spotting'(if i'm not mistaken) that it has publicly become somewhat infamous for it's 'tongue' design?

Thanks again Alexio

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 21 Jul 2009, 13:34

No9 wrote:Well said Alexio. :)

God does AdiPURE IIs are pure class. Reckon Michael Caine would've been proud wearing a white-out pair with his signature three-button suits walking down Savile Road. Tried out a pair and it was reminiscence of my Absolutes, so hopefully it will mold as-well.

Speaking of AdiPUREs. Adidas AdiPURE vs Adidas AdiPURE II

-besides how irresistibly sexy the AdiPURE IIs are, i've read on ExpertFootball's 'Player Spotting'(if i'm not mistaken) that it has publicly become somewhat infamous for it's 'tongue' design?

Thanks again Alexio
Yeah I believe it's more of an aesthetic thing, I'm used to the non-tongue look from the Adipure II's but the original Adipure users cracked a nana over it. It makes them look better and more functional in my opinion.
Comparison:

Adipure I:

Adipure II:

I love the feel of k-leather but from using Predators and Puma V1.08's I'd have to say I'm definitely keen on synthetic leather now!

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 27 Jul 2009, 23:18

not to get off topic. but alexio! man i havent seen that name in ages.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 16 Aug 2009, 09:49

Zlatan5 wrote:not to get off topic. but alexio! man i havent seen that name in ages.
Haha, good to see you too mate?

No worries.

Another comparison for you lads and (hopefully) ladettes: Puma V1.08 Synthetic vs Puma V1.08 K-Leather.

Apart from the obvious (Kangaroo Leather being more supple etc..) what benefits can Kangaroo Leather V1.08's retain over their synthetic kin?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Aug 2009, 12:35

Well, I don't know much about this particular brand of boot, but after terrifying experiences this time around with my synthetic Powerswerves, which I got for the sake of another 50$ or so in price, I have to say, K-Leather is the way to go.

Minor Advantage: The K-Leather is, as you said, more comfortable, and will mold to your foot. It breathes more than synthetic material as well, which you will be appreciating, believe me. My synthetics smell so bad, they need their own room in the house! :P

MAJOR Advantage: My synthetic Powerswerves have literally fallen to pieces... The decal is cracked and torn every which way (after only two seasons and a bit of wear) and the sole has literally let go from the upper of the shoe. I had to use a strong adhesive to stick it in place until the end of my season. Leather is stronger and more durable, and is usually held together with a different, stronger adhesive, so hopefully you wouldn't have the problems I did. :P

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 23 Aug 2009, 09:31

Thanks Rome!

Yeah my V1.08's are starting to generate enough fumes that you could locate them even with the light off. :wink:

One last comparison between the styles of leather, however. I'm keen on the idea of using K-Leather boots once-more (used K-Leather Powerswerves for a while), but will the added suppleness of the leather detract from the synthetic's ability to 'grip' the ball. Perhaps it's just a matter of sizing and the boot-style for the mold to your foot?

Would 140 AUD go alright for a pair? When using K-Leather boots I really feel the touch on the ball, here's hoping the same effect can be realized with these V1.08's!

http://www.prodirectsoccer.com/prodinfo ... %20Leather - I'd love to buy the new Red/White colourway but I'm not keen on paying an additional 100 or so. :P

snell
New User

Post by snell » 07 Sep 2009, 20:48

Nike mercurial vapor v talaria vs. Nike mercurial vapor iv?

Jboogey

Post by Jboogey » 12 Sep 2009, 00:06

snell wrote:Nike mercurial vapor v talaria vs. Nike mercurial vapor iv?
Comfort: V talaria

Better boot: vapor IV...dirt cheap nowadays, once you get rid of the the blisters they are comfy. Give you a nice placebo effect. Very light of course.
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

james_torres9

Post by james_torres9 » 24 Sep 2009, 09:43

Nike super ligera vs Nike tiempo classic lites
sig by messi14

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 27 Sep 2009, 05:20

Puma v1.08 vs Puma v1.10 - the v1.10's really don't look all the flash tbh..

Giggsy11

Post by Giggsy11 » 27 Sep 2009, 16:04

Alexio1092 wrote:Puma v1.08 vs Puma v1.10 - the v1.10's really don't look all the flash tbh..
i gotta go with a tie. v1.08s look better and the material looks better, but the v1.10s dont have that awful toe plastic. idk about weight, i know that v1.10s are 230 grams but idk about the v1.08s.

kennay mansally was wearing v1.10s in the new england revolution vs seattle sounders game. i cant find any pics though.
The secret to being succesful is to be ready for opportunity when it comes.

No9
New User

Post by No9 » 05 Oct 2009, 11:59

Credit to Alexio for giving much insight on the boots i inquired. went for the Nike Air Legend IIs (FG) and Adidas AdiPURE IIs (SG) and i must say they are the best boots i ever had, true classics that stick to the basics with a reasonable price tag.

Now, that i have extra dosch- i was thinking of buying a pair of Pumas or Umbros. i'm preety fond of all the K leather range puma has to offer and they have this 2 for the price of 1 thing going on and i hought why not? on the other hand the Umbro Speciali England Limited Edition pair 'had me at hello.' so here's the mash-up;

Puma V1.08 Ks vs. Puma v-Konstrukt III vs. Puma King XL vs. Umbro Speciali England Ltd Edition

p.s mind you i'm not going for the looks nor the speed/power/touch fiasco, i'm looking forward to a pair that heavenly snugs wide feet and is known for its durablity.

Thanks in advance

RisenFromDeath
Sophomore Member

Post by RisenFromDeath » 07 Oct 2009, 07:48

Puma V1.08 Ks They are cool enuf.

powerswerve Vs. Laser III

Asad10
New User

Post by Asad10 » 12 Oct 2009, 13:39

Nike Mercurial Talaria IV vs adidas F30i