The Boot vs. Boot Thread

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
admsabc
Sophomore Member

Im looking at the Nike Zoom T-7 as a pair of indoor shoes. Does anyone here know if they are a good pair of indoors??

Crom

I need an outside opinion! I am stuck between 3 shoes to get for the upcoming season. My choices are Adidas Preds in White or Red, Puma V 1.08 in Bull (ie: the redbull colourway) or Red, and Nike Vapor 4s in Citron or Pine. I have Preds currently and wear them in 8.5, I had the Pumas last season and also liked them. Would the Vapors fit the same? Also, the frt cleats on the Vapors seem very short, how well do they dig in to the ground? I am talking about the Firm ground version btw. Any input and advice would help me in this most important of matters! :lol:

dudeman

vapor IV FGs have GREAT stud traction actually lol, they're one of the greatest.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

admsabc wrote:Im looking at the Nike Zoom T-7 as a pair of indoor shoes. Does anyone here know if they are a good pair of indoors??
Every review I've seen on them said they were great, even better than AZC's.

bom1221

Vapor vs Talaria vs Ronaldinho tiempos

i have pretty wide feet and an instep to put in my boots

nicky041192
New User

f30.8 vs f50.8
and...
predator powerswerves vs f50.8
thanks.

ps, never get predator absolion powerswerves. the stitched front soleplate starts to fall apart after 3months use. i went through 2 pairs in 5 months. when i step forward, a gap appears where he stiching comes apart... so i got predator powerswers and didnt encounter this problem:)

RT90
Sophomore Member

Nike Mercurial Vapor IV vs. Puma V1.08 vs. Nike Air Legend II
(In FG stud versions)

I'm looking for a boot that's mainly for running and is durable. I know that the V1.08's are lightest, but others say that the Vapors have outstanding FG studs for running.

I'm also considering the Legends, but I'm a bit worried because the studs seem very small and don't look like they have a lot of traction.

Can anyone give me some information?

falcomaster94
Sophomore Member

I would go with the vapors bcuz the studs are great for speed and cuts, but if you don't need to do cuts or anything like that, i would go with the puma. Also, im pretty sure both boots are durable and i also wouldnt go with legends just bcuz they arent the greatest for speed.(they are good for comfort)

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

bom1221 wrote:Vapor vs Talaria vs Ronaldinho tiempos

i have pretty wide feet and an instep to put in my boots
I'd either get Vap's or R10's. Just go try them on at a soccer shop and see which are the most comfortable. I'd say go for R10's if I had to pick one, becuase they won't give you blisters like Vap's and I like K Leather way more than Synthetic for boots.

Ronaldao
Sophomore Member

Adidas F30.8 vs Adidas Predator Powerswerve Absolion vs Puma v3.06 L. I have a narrow foot, want durability and good traction on wet fields.

RT90
Sophomore Member

if you want durability, then you can probably cross off the absolions.
i live in a rainy climate and play in the rain a lot. After just a few months, a lot of the stitching on the boots got a bit loose, especially where the rib-like rubber thing is sewed on to the boot.

I dunno about F30's and V3's though

Ronaldao
Sophomore Member

Alright thanks, I'm looking more towards the Adidas F30.8. Do the puma v3.06 L's tear as easily as the other puma v 1.06 series, and which are more narrow?

OJ9

adidas Powerswerve (Rugby Edition, Black/White/Blue) SG

or

adidas Adipure II Black/White SG

for both rugby and football. i'm not sure about the durability of Adipures for rugby :/

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

I'd go with the Preds, I heard the lack of tongue(they're almost like T90 III's) ruins the adiPURE II's.

nicky041192
New User

nicky041192 wrote:f30.8 vs f50.8
and...
predator powerswerves vs f50.8
thanks.

ps, never get predator absolion powerswerves. the stitched front soleplate starts to fall apart after 3months use. i went through 2 pairs in 5 months. when i step forward, a gap appears where he stiching comes apart... so i got predator powerswers and didnt encounter this problem:)