Problem with boots and touch

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
panchester07
Veteran Member

Problem with boots and touch

Post by panchester07 » 20 Jan 2008, 07:03

Hi guys, I have this problm since i remember, my problem is : I play indoor and outdoor so i have turfs and cleats, everytime i play in turfs either indoor or outdoor on the grass, i have THE nicest touch i can dribble shout and have better control, on the other hand everytimei play with my cleats ( man different) i dont have as good touch control dribbling and shots,what could this be??????/ THANKS

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 20 Jan 2008, 09:35

I don't think your accustomed to your cleats... so the answer is just to spend as much time in them as possible, that includes traning, are they 'knocked in properly', ect. just the basics, juggling helps as w3ell
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 20 Jan 2008, 10:50

I think I'm suffering from the same problem that panchester07 has (cheers for the replies to my injury/stress thread both of you btw), when I'm in my asics sneakers I'm in a world of my own, absolutely carving up, so-to-speak.

However, once I pop the predators on, my touch is clunky, and I can't perform stepovers or retain accuracy as well as I'd like. I wore them for a week at a football camp for about 6 hours every day, shouldn't they be worn in by now?

The trouble these predators have caused me has led me to looking for other "comfortable" boots which hopefully will provide a greater feel for the ball, such as Air Legend II's or Adipures..

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 20 Jan 2008, 11:40

the best thing to do, is try to do some juggling and stuff like that with your cleats, so you can become familiar with them, i did that and my play with my outdoor boots improved no end. Im not really accustomed to them now because i havent played a match for about a month now, but i will get familiar with them again soon im sure :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Jan 2008, 23:09

thanks a lot, any other suggestions , i do think i "knocked them in" or "broke them in" !! maybe wearing them more apart from practice will help, mor suggestions welcom!!!!! :D 8) :D

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 23 Jan 2008, 14:00

Alexio1092 wrote:I think I'm suffering from the same problem that panchester07 has (cheers for the replies to my injury/stress thread both of you btw), when I'm in my asics sneakers I'm in a world of my own, absolutely carving up, so-to-speak.

However, once I pop the predators on, my touch is clunky, and I can't perform stepovers or retain accuracy as well as I'd like. I wore them for a week at a football camp for about 6 hours every day, shouldn't they be worn in by now?

The trouble these predators have caused me has led me to looking for other "comfortable" boots which hopefully will provide a greater feel for the ball, such as Air Legend II's or Adipures..
Yeah I think it's the nails(sorry I dun noe the word) under the Predators that makes the prob. Me uncle gave me a pair of Preds Absolute, I made a cut, and sprained my ankle.Personally think it's not so good for dribbling and changes of direction. Do y'all noe any good boots for dribbling?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 24 Jan 2008, 05:39

Would the lasers or the new mercurial cleats be good for feel touch and control? i currently have the copa mundos and there alright but in my turfs i play at another level way superior!!!! :? thanks !