My review of Nike Ronaldinho 10R's

Reviews and discussion about soccer gear
Pokerized

My review of Nike Ronaldinho 10R's

Post by Pokerized » 20 Jul 2007, 23:32

First Impression

When my boots first arrived, and I opened the box, I was amazed. These were the most expensive cleats I had ever bought ($150.00), and needless to say I wasn't disappointed. Nice and white, though I would soon realize that white, with the grass stains and such, was probably the wrong color to go with. But damn, do they look nice and flashy out on the field

Comfort

These cleats fit like a glove when I first put them on. My toes weren't too far from the end, but they were close enough that I wouldn't be tripping all over myself. Width-wise, they were nice and tight. Perfectly conformed to my foot. However, after a few days of wearing them, the kangaroo leather was already starting to stretch. These are incredibly comfortable, but I recommend you get a half size smaller to compensate for the stretching

Performance

I feel like a broken record, but the 10Rs also amazed me with their performance. The significantly increased sweet spot let me do things with the ball that I couldn't possibly have done with my year old 80 dollar Pumas. These cleats let me put the ball wherever I want it, whenever I want to. Maybe it's all in my head, and the satisfaction of having new boots is increasing my confidence and playing ability on the field, but I've really seemed to notice a difference. My juggling ability has nearly doubled.

Unfortunately, the bottom of the cleats doesn't have as good touch as I was hoping for. Sometimes the ball doesn't follow when I try to roll it, or scrape over it with the bottom of my foot. The grip is probably the only part of the cleat that I can fault it on performance.

Weight

The 10Rs are weighed in at something like 11.6oz on Soccer.com, but they feel quite a bit lighter. My burst speed hasn't been hindered at all by getting these instead of Vapors (Which were my first choice). I was expecting these to be pretty heavy when I ordered them, but when I wear them I feel like I'm built for speed. Now don't get me wrong, they aren't anything like Puma V1.06 or Vapor III's, but they extra weight probably won't make a difference unless you're an incredibly fast forward in an incredibly competitive league who needs all the speed he can get.

Overall

These are a great boot, I'd recommend them for anyone who is looking for a comfortable, well-performing cleat that won't completely break your bank. Hopefully this review will help anyone that's in the market for new shoes.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 21 Jul 2007, 01:07

I like that review a lot if we're still doing that book idea then this should definitly be in there and i think we should do more boot reviews like this.
good job

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 21 Jul 2007, 02:31

...the book won't happen, I don't think.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 21 Jul 2007, 02:33

rzadzinski wrote:...the book won't happen, I don't think.
Yeah, I think we agreed that it wouldn't really work well. (It would be such a cool thing to do though!)

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 21 Jul 2007, 02:50

the soccer encyclopedia is still up i believe though
Last edited by soccer11 on 21 Jul 2007, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 21 Jul 2007, 02:51

Yeah, but it's not going to become a book, that's all.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 21 Jul 2007, 03:41

Magicfeet had an idea to actually make hard copies and such, which is not going to happen anymore I don't think. That's what we're talking about when we say book. Ensoccerpedia is a "go".

Zuhair

Post by Zuhair » 21 Jul 2007, 04:52

Wow they sound nice, what do they cost?

Pokerized

Post by Pokerized » 21 Jul 2007, 16:03

They're $150 American. Sorry, should have included that.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

bleedblue115

Post by bleedblue115 » 21 Jul 2007, 18:47

great review, nice work!