Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Indirect kick inside the box?????

ajc

At 4:37 of this roberto carlos compilation vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5Eoe8YH6E& ... o%20carlos he takes a free kick from near the penalty spot, but there is a wall of players in the goal!!! What was the situation here and what possibilites could have resulted in this happening?
Click it

someone used hands that's all I can think of at the moment but it's really up to the refs so... hmm...
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

ajc

at first i was thinking the goalie used his hands outside the box, but then the kick would be from the edge of the area, not inside. it was probably some type of handball though, but idn....
Click it

I think that can happen if an outfield player passes it towards the goalkeeper and he picks it up. Then the other team get a freekcik from wherever the goalie picked it up from.

it could also been high foot

that hapened in one of our games
Thanks jthursto for the sig

hustler89 wrote:
I think that can happen if an outfield player passes it towards the goalkeeper and he picks it up. Then the other team get a freekcik from wherever the goalie picked it up from.

Yeah this is true, it happened to my team in a game. Our player directly passed the ball to our keeper and he picked it up with his hands in the box and the other team got the free kick in the box at the spot of foul.
Kinda weird rule cause the free kick is so close to the goal.

That rule was established around 1995, I think, ur golkeeper cant pick the ball up if u INTENTIONALY pass the ball to him. It can also bee from dangerous play.

my coach said that pros dont have dangerous play and that its a pansy rule and whenever our goalie picks it up when its been passed back theres a penalty kick for the other team called so maybe itss up to the ref? cuz think about it if the goalies on his line and touches it...yeah thats like an automatic goal

The actuall only time this free kick iccurs is when a player passes the ball and the keeper picks it up or some has a high foot inside the box. but i don't no why the ref awarded the free kick where the inccident occured in your game because wherever it is in the box it is ment to be taken from the penalty spot. we got given 1 the other day but we didn't score because ther hole team was lined up on the goal line. :evil:

well i think it is given when da ball is not going towards da goal and da defender handles it in da penalty box
^^faddy^^

I'm pretty sure the indirect free kick does not need to be taken from the penalty spot. I could be wrong though. *Shrugs*

If a defender intentionally passes it to his goal keeper and the goal keeper handles the ball then there is an indirect freekick from the spot where the goalie handled the ball.

*~El Maestro~* wrote:
If a defender intentionally passes it to his goal keeper and the goal keeper handles the ball then there is an indirect freekick from the spot where the goalie handled the ball.

absolutely correct. basically end of discussion.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Isn't obstruction a foul that is given an indirect free kick?

Vanzman12 wrote:
Isn't obstruction a foul that is given an indirect free kick?

Outside box, direct freekick.

Inside? Penalty.