Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Best player ever

Who is the greatest player of all time?
Pele  47%  (40 votes)
Maradona  38%  (32 votes)
Johan Cryuff  13%  (11 votes)
Franz Beckenbauer  2%  (2 votes)
Lev Yashin  0%  (0 votes)

TO PEOPLE FROM ENGLAND

you are just mad because Maradona left england plat footed
in the wc 1986, but dude get over it you can't whine for it every single day,
and that was before your life time and try to look it from Maradona's point of
view. England got owned by one man, and it doesn't matter if he scored with the hand on purpose or took drugs. That doesn't make him to a bad player, that just makes him to a bad person outside, but not inside.. Maradona has showed his inside crying over live tv and said he was sorry for everything he had done shooting journalist etc.

My point is you need to get over it. Maradona was probs a cheat, but you can't tell me that if you had chance to score and win a WC you wouldn't do the same as Maradona, thats when you see it at his point of view.

He maybe a cheat, but he is still the god on the pitch and with the ball,
and just because he cheated you can't say he was crap + when Maradona
scored with the hand he was aware over what he had done, thats why he stopped and was ready for the ref to blow the whistle for a foul, but the ref didn't. Maradona really didn't mean to cheat but the referee played on and said it was a goal and then Maradona started celebrating, so actually its the referee to blame and not Maradona. What were you expecting from Maradona? Where you expecting him to go to the referee and tell him that
he scored with the hand and that it was no goal? ahaha!! yeah and then the
hole wc was screwed up for argentina because of Maradona? when a referee decides something its to late to change the mind, You have to stand for something you decide already.

Its like if i push you and you fall, and i stop because i know i did something wrong and i am waiting for the ref to blow, but the referee never blows so i just play on.. Thats how it was with Maradona and you can
blame the ref not him. Maradona knew he had done something wrong but
he couldn't change it because the ref had made his DECISION!

so please get over yourself you whiners :D

and
yeah he did it on purpose but it was just for fun because he knew that the ref was gonna blow the whistle anyways, but the ref was stupid enough to not
see it, and Maradona was like :O its a goal? COOL! and off he goes to the Argentina fans amazed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A STUPID DECISION, just like i said
this was like a ''when you least expect it'' situation for Maradona. He had
expected for the ref to blow

ajc wrote:
Am I the only one who couldn't care less about what previous players and managers have to say about other players and managers? They are all simply trying to be politically correct all the time, and let their allegiance to club and country skew their opinions.

I have respect for these guys as players so I care to some extent, but if you actually look into it, it becomes kind of an endless circle.

Di Stefano on Maradona: "Technically, on an individual basis, he is far superior to me in what he can do with a ball; my ability to cover an entire field and versatility is what I hold over him, though with the right training he could easily do the same."

Maradona on Di Stefano "I don't know if I was a better player than Pelé, but I can say without any doubt that Di Stéfano was better than Pelé. I am proud when one speaks of Di Stéfano.... I can say that Maradona could be worse than Pelé. But I emphasize Di Stéfano was better".

Falcao wrote:

My point is you need to get over it. Maradona was probs a cheat, but you can't tell me that if you had chance to score and win a WC you wouldn't do the same as Maradona, thats when you see it at his point of view.

Bollox, I prefer to keep my integrity than cheat.

He's a cheating, drug abusing dwarf........and they'll never take the Falklands.

I've never said he wasn't any good on the field. I just have to doubt how good he really was without drugs.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

its hard to explain things to people like you, maybe you got it hard to understand or you just can't admit Maradona was better then the hole english
squad with or without drugs and Maradona is top 3 along side Cruyff and Pele..

diego "d10s" maradona is the best ever

Falcao wrote:
its hard to explain things to people like you, maybe you got it hard to understand or you just can't admit Maradona was better then the hole english

Better in what way?

We lost 2-1 and he scored the first goal by cheating. If he hadn't scored that, the chances are the 2nd wouldn't have happened

Gary Lineker won the Golden Boot for that tournament despite playing 2 games less than the drug cheat

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ratherton wrote:
Falcao wrote:

Better in what way?

We lost 2-1 and he scored the first goal by cheating. If he hadn't scored that, the chances are the 2nd wouldn't have happened

Gary Lineker won the Golden Boot for that tournament despite playing 2 games less than the drug cheat

I totally agree. Just because somebody can get away with cheating, doesn't mean they are "better than the entire English side".

I'm not trying to be offensive Falcao, but I really think you should give up on this argument because you're really making yourself sound like an idiot.

ratherton wrote:
He's a cheating, drug abusing dwarf........and they'll never take the Falklands.
I've never said he wasn't any good on the field. I just have to doubt how good he really was without drugs.

ratherton wrote:

ratherton, you sound like you are talking for hole England.. and now suddenly you said he cheated scoring with the hand? on your last post you
said he cheated with drugs and not with what he did on pitch.. haha.. what kind of a loser you are. before you tell another lie, you need to remember the others. - by myself.. learn something from that.. and didn't you read my last posts what i typed about
the hand of god? try to learn something..

I will not reply to you anymore.. because you type like a little kid who wants the last word, so he can feel that he is right, and if that makes you
feel better then go on.

Falcao wrote:
ratherton wrote:

ratherton wrote:

ratherton, you sound like you are talking for hole England.. and now suddenly you said he cheated scoring with the hand? on your last post you
said he cheated with drugs and not with what he did on pitch.. haha.. what kind of a loser you are. before you tell another lie, you need to remember the others. - by myself.. learn something from that.. and didn't you read my last posts what i typed about
the hand of god? try to learn something..

I will not reply to you anymore.. because you type like a little kid who wants the last word, so he can feel that he is right, and if that makes you
feel better then go on.

I'll continue any discussion while there are points to be raised. It's nothing to be with me wanting to feel that I'm right and it certainly doesn't make me feel better but if you want to interpret my postings that way, it's entirely up to you.

He cheated on more than one occasion, the best most famous incidents being in 1986 in Mexico when he punched the ball in the net then 8 years later when he was thrown out of the World Cup for failing a drugs test. I hope this clears up any confusion you may have had about my earlier postings.

I'm not sure where you think I've told a lie in any of my posts concerning Maradona. Perhaps you'd like to point it out or do you prefer to argue using personal insults instead.

In my opinion Ronaldo (Brazil) is one of the best ever..

If he had not been injured, he would have out shined Maradonna. Still he does it a little... I mean what a player. Zidane himself told in an interview that Ronaldo was the best he ever played with. Why ? Because his ball touch, his ball control, his ability to run with the ball are matchless, and he is regarded
by many to be one of the best ever.. I think he should be in that list.. His
prime will always be remembered even if he isn't in his prime right now..

Best Player ever... :roll:

Firstly, thank you ajc and falcao for the usual insightful posts with ingenuity.

Could I also ask Milanese where he obtained the quotes by DiStefano, as I would really like to test their authenticity (I beleive I would be a fool to accept them as true on face value - then again, don't we all)

OK, PLAYTIMES OVER

[quote]If I am to pass an opinion I will need to dash the freedom of speech cliche and replace it with duty of reaosn. Now if I do not hold the adequate information to reason, then the credilbity of any of my remarks is as good as dead, deeming them as irrelevant.

As said by Wittgenstein 'the problem is always at the beginning where one thinks they know that which they do not know' - reevaluating my ideas, I find that I talk alot of stuff that is not verified, reliable or just actually researched thus I present SOPHISM's. Not very helpful, as it litters web pages - for this reason, I propose that someone please tell me what I sould be looking out for when comprimising a view on this subject, what considerations should be in place and who I can listen to in terms of sources...

I do not know anything worthwhile about the game as it generally doesn't even interest me on an entertainmetn level. I watch teh occasioanl game to develop tactical awareness, see how well a player is adjusted to a position, identify who I can learn from and what level's of athleticism can be reached....

Many attractive arguements are planted on football sites, but on further inspection they turn out to be arbritary propaganda, with no thread of individuality or logic, for this reason, I do not feel I am entitled to a view here until I see the above - I need evidence, information, thinking skills, analytical ability, creative thought, experience, criteria and objectivity before I can begin to answer this question - Until then, to comment would be preposterous propaganda, premature preconjecture, prejudicial pride, and probably a petulant presentation. Please can somebody help me!!![/quote]

:cry:

to the_loast:

expertfootball has a page with player stats, you can use that for reference.

Unfortunately, I forgot where it is on this site..... :roll:

Are you talking about this?
http://www.expertfootball.com/players/
If not, sorry :lol:

Soccer4Life wrote:
Are you talking about this?
http://www.expertfootball.com/players/
If not, sorry :lol:

Yup, that's it Soccer4Life!

i picked pele because for me it was between pele and maradona. the clincher though was that pele always played honestly (no "by the hand of god" with him :wink: ) and his innovation. also, none of the addiction and such that plagued maradona
Bentworth Soccer 2007