The ultimate drill for increasing finishing

Kicking, heading, curving and all techniques that involve striking the ball

Moderator: Staff

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Postby rzadzinski » 18 Jul 2007, 05:23

My hood is surrounded by 2 ghetto's yo!

Seriously, it's like the meeting zone of the 2 ghetto's. So basically everyone "in da hood" comes to my hood to meet.

It's frikken nuts. I just go to a wall of a former bottle depot close to a grocery store...

Hopefully the building isn't occupied soon though. :(
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Postby gnarlyjim » 18 Jul 2007, 13:45

I was just thinking about something... (which is my first mistake :P )

My town has about 18, 000 people here. The side of town West of the canal is known as the nice area. Everywhere on the East is widely recognized as complete shit. Even though some good people live on the East too, if you say that's where you're from people automatically think you're a dirtbag. But, what I was thinking was that probably 10,000 people live on the West and 8,000 on the East. Well, if 6,000 of the people are actually dirtbags, that means 1/3 of my town is dirty. That's no good. :(

Anyway, back to the ultimate finishing drill. :oops: :wink:

zizou

Re: The ultimate drill for increasing finishing

Postby zizou » 26 Jul 2007, 09:42

jdefoe wrote:Here it is:
You go find a wall, and practice driving the ball low and hard until you can hit the targets consistently. Take 50 shots with each foot everyday for 2 weeks, and your finishing will be similar to that of Henry's :lol:
Kevin Keegan did this drill almost everyday as a boy.

I'd have to say I disagree. Thierry henry's skill wasn't brought on in two weeks. There isn't a magical solution to getting amazing at football. He must've practised every single day since he was 15 on his shooting, and all those hours counted up to what he is now, and of course he still trains alot. Sure, it would help if you practised this, but you've got to do it for years on end, just like the pros did.

Icy
Veteran Member

Postby Icy » 26 Jul 2007, 12:02

zizou wrote:
You go find a wall, and practice driving the ball low and hard until you can hit the targets consistently. Take 50 shots with each foot everyday for 2 weeks, and your finishing will be similar to that of Henry's :lol:

I'd have to say I disagree. Thierry henry's skill wasn't brought on in two weeks. There isn't a magical solution to getting amazing at football. He must've practised every single day since he was 15 on his shooting, and all those hours counted up to what he is now, and of course he still trains alot. Sure, it would help if you practised this, but you've got to do it for years on end, just like the pros did.

Are you serious?
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Postby gnarlyjim » 26 Jul 2007, 14:17

Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:

Are you serious?

Nah, he's kidding. Nobody is that thick.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Postby rzadzinski » 26 Jul 2007, 16:37

gnarlyjim wrote:
Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:

Are you serious?

Nah, he's kidding. Nobody is that thick.

You'd be surprised.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Maradona_Diego
New User

Postby Maradona_Diego » 19 Aug 2007, 16:02

nice drill :D

klc123
Veteran Member

Postby klc123 » 14 Sep 2007, 19:41

Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:

Are you serious?

lol u arent the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?of course it takes years too get good at football.if u improved so much so that ur finishing was like that of henrys in 2 weeks you would be able too jump too the moon and run around the world in a couple of hours.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Postby jdefoe » 19 Sep 2007, 15:37

I meant that you should notice the improvement in your finishing after 2 weeks.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Postby fir_nev » 19 Sep 2007, 21:58

Welcome back jdefoe!!

Anyone who thinks finishing can be achieved overnight must be really kidding themselves.

I practised what jdefoe stated in the drill (well, not exactly 50 shots to the wall) years ago and I can finish most of the half-chances after months of practice.

So, zizou, jdefoe's only trying to state what U can see improved.

FsoccerCstarB
New User

Postby FsoccerCstarB » 27 Sep 2007, 14:36

after each shot am i suppose to trap the ball or keep one timing it on the drill for 50 times

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Postby rzadzinski » 28 Sep 2007, 02:18

You can mix it up, but I guess a trap and shot would be good. If you're close to a wall, it just comes at you too fast.

-Alexander Ovechkin

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Postby Kakasgotskillz » 28 Sep 2007, 02:49

I'd say shoot it to one side and then shoot it to another (so it kinda makes it cardio-intensive), makes it more difficult for you to trap the ball effectively and give another decent hit at the wall

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Postby Davidson9 » 28 Sep 2007, 21:48

thanks jdefoe greatly appreciated
Last edited by Davidson9 on 05 Nov 2007, 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

goodness
New User

finishing

Postby goodness » 02 Nov 2007, 14:36

Thanks a lot for the tips. I will try to to do them.

Return to “Finishing & Passing”