Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

The ultimate drill for increasing finishing

My hood is surrounded by 2 ghetto's yo!

Seriously, it's like the meeting zone of the 2 ghetto's. So basically everyone "in da hood" comes to my hood to meet.

It's frikken nuts. I just go to a wall of a former bottle depot close to a grocery store...

Hopefully the building isn't occupied soon though. :(
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

I was just thinking about something... (which is my first mistake :P )

My town has about 18, 000 people here. The side of town West of the canal is known as the nice area. Everywhere on the East is widely recognized as complete shit. Even though some good people live on the East too, if you say that's where you're from people automatically think you're a dirtbag. But, what I was thinking was that probably 10,000 people live on the West and 8,000 on the East. Well, if 6,000 of the people are actually dirtbags, that means 1/3 of my town is dirty. That's no good. :(

Anyway, back to the ultimate finishing drill. :oops: :wink:

jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:
You go find a wall, and practice driving the ball low and hard until you can hit the targets consistently. Take 50 shots with each foot everyday for 2 weeks, and your finishing will be similar to that of Henry's :lol:
Kevin Keegan did this drill almost everyday as a boy.

I'd have to say I disagree. Thierry henry's skill wasn't brought on in two weeks. There isn't a magical solution to getting amazing at football. He must've practised every single day since he was 15 on his shooting, and all those hours counted up to what he is now, and of course he still trains alot. Sure, it would help if you practised this, but you've got to do it for years on end, just like the pros did.

Icy

zizou wrote:
jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:
You go find a wall, and practice driving the ball low and hard until you can hit the targets consistently. Take 50 shots with each foot everyday for 2 weeks, and your finishing will be similar to that of Henry's :lol:

I'd have to say I disagree. Thierry henry's skill wasn't brought on in two weeks. There isn't a magical solution to getting amazing at football. He must've practised every single day since he was 15 on his shooting, and all those hours counted up to what he is now, and of course he still trains alot. Sure, it would help if you practised this, but you've got to do it for years on end, just like the pros did.

Are you serious?
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:
jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:

Are you serious?

Nah, he's kidding. Nobody is that thick.

gnarlyjim wrote:
Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:
jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:

Are you serious?

Nah, he's kidding. Nobody is that thick.

You'd be surprised.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

nice drill :D

Icy wrote:
zizou wrote:
jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:

Are you serious?

lol u arent the sharpest knife in the drawer are you?of course it takes years too get good at football.if u improved so much so that ur finishing was like that of henrys in 2 weeks you would be able too jump too the moon and run around the world in a couple of hours.

I meant that you should notice the improvement in your finishing after 2 weeks.

Welcome back jdefoe!!

Anyone who thinks finishing can be achieved overnight must be really kidding themselves.

I practised what jdefoe stated in the drill (well, not exactly 50 shots to the wall) years ago and I can finish most of the half-chances after months of practice.

So, zizou, jdefoe's only trying to state what U can see improved.

after each shot am i suppose to trap the ball or keep one timing it on the drill for 50 times

You can mix it up, but I guess a trap and shot would be good. If you're close to a wall, it just comes at you too fast.

-Alexander Ovechkin

I'd say shoot it to one side and then shoot it to another (so it kinda makes it cardio-intensive), makes it more difficult for you to trap the ball effectively and give another decent hit at the wall

thanks jdefoe greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot for the tips. I will try to to do them.