Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

The ultimate drill for increasing finishing

Fantasista wrote:
I have quit a big wall on my backyard...should try it out.
Hey is it true that playing the ball agaisnt the wall will ruined the ball?
What type of ball do you guys practice with(name and size)

Just find a really cheap size 5... the cheapest one you can. If you use it every day aginst a hard wall, it will eventually go lopsided.

If you use a leather one it WILL BE RUINED after the first day, I promise.

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Even the greatest players do simple stuff like this. The only way to get better is to practice, starting with the basics. Great post jdefoe! :D :D :D

I agree with you but I have a question

does it matter how far I am from the wall?? :?:

I scored a hat trick using this teqnique and i was so :o

Brilliant 5* guide well done.

are u practicing the dril with the sidefoot finish or instep?
Never Criticise your own ability.

both man all i no is that my finishing was 3/10 now its 8/10 :D :D

wow i am definitely gonna start using this right away.

h

jdefoe wrote:
Here it is:
You go find a wall, and practice driving the ball low and hard until you can hit the targets consistently. Take 50 shots with each foot everyday for 2 weeks, and your finishing will be similar to that of Henry's :lol:
Kevin Keegan did this drill almost everyday as a boy.

how far away wud u recomend being from the wall

Try reading the first page...

ani1 can re-upload the image? i cant see what i need to do to improve finishing...thx

It's basically a picture of a wall and 2 targets in the bottom corners. Just practice taking shots into those corners and your accuracy will increase dramatically.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

excellent just one question is puting tape on goverment property vandelisnm (im trying to not get in troble latley :lol: )

Haha, I was thinking that too, I don't know if I should put tape on a building that says "Government property Lease Pending". I just use the blocks it's made out of as targets and focus on one I want to hit.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ha i would do that but i would forget which brick to hit :lol:

Mine are lined up pretty nice, some are sticking out to almost shape a goal. :wink:

-Alexander Ovechkin

lucky...
maybe ill just find another wall ill have to go to the ghetto part of my city :lol: