So i broke my face...

How to treat and prevent soccer-related injuries
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

So i broke my face...

Post by KoNJa04 » 11 Dec 2012, 13:45

So in the last game of our season a ball was crossed in ( i was playing RB) so i jumped to head it clear.
However my Keeper decided to come out and punch the ball, he did, but we collided in the air, and in that process he kneed me in the head.

i wasnt knocked out, i didnt black out, i didnt throw up... i just felt sick and like just awful.

i was concussed (obviously) and i went to the hospital. I thought i just had a concussion but they wanted to take a CAT scan just to double check and be safe, the results came back to this

i broke the frontal bone on my face!! (Near my right eyebrow)
after a few weeks it was decided i didnt need surgery, due to the fact that my face dosent look messed up, or that anything is wrong with it.

how ever i do have one problem...
tbh im a little scare to play again when im cleared... any of you have any advice??

expert
Site Admin

Re: So i broke my face...

Post by expert » 11 Dec 2012, 14:14

I broke my nose in a game years ago so I know what you're going through. The incident itself wasn't that painful, but you later start doubting yourself when going in for 50/50 balls. It took me probably a month or two until I was comfortable running into dangerous situations without fear. So yeah, it just takes time man. Also, I would suggest that right now it's probably an opportunity for you to focus on non-contact things like running, lifting weights, etc. :)

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 11 Dec 2012, 14:17

I had exactly the same problem when i had recovered from my knee surgery, i was scared of messing it up again so i missed some tackles and pulled out of tackling bigger players haha but now i realise it was just a mental block.

Everyone gets over stuff at their own pace dude.
i was made to ignite

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 11 Dec 2012, 18:06

The important thing is, not to rush into anything when you're not ready and, like expert says, concentrate on low risk things and staying healthy in other ways. Build your confidence by winning what we'll call "75-25" balls before you start jumping up for balls that are near fists and what not. :p

Hope everything works out! From that scan, looks a little nasty, but if you don't need surgery, you probably shouldn't have any lasting effects!

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 12 Dec 2012, 05:24

Yeah expert I was thinking of that, the doc said to relax from all types of activity for about a month to a month and a half ( which actually i could start in a few days), but i cannot play until mid-March, I was think of just getting touches on the ball, lifting, and just really get into shape so when i do hop in i have a bit more confidence

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07