Cristiano Ronaldo The Machine

Links to video files and compilations
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 20 Jun 2011, 00:45

Thats the point of any stepover, to accelerate after doing the stepover even if you do not sell the stepover very well. You have to be confident in your stepovers or they will never work.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 20 Jun 2011, 01:26

his stepovers aren't always to beat a man the sooner you realize that the better.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 20 Jun 2011, 01:32

then what are they for nick? Maybe he waits for support sometimes to slow the game down, but you can only slow the game down so many times... but he doesn't need to do them half of the time he does them its not necessary(or atleast when he did at man u)
Last edited by collin on 20 Jun 2011, 01:37, edited 1 time in total.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 20 Jun 2011, 01:33

I know.. sometimes its to wait for his teammates for help or till they get to a better position then he crosses or passes it to them

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 20 Jun 2011, 01:59

he opens up options, he pulls players, he lets people get into position he keeps the ball theres so many things he does. Man utd is also a completely different team than madrid.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 20 Jun 2011, 02:15

klc123 wrote:Barcelona had 78% possession that game? Forgive me if I'm wrong. For the 22% his team had the ball, a tiny amount was actually going forwards. For him to score in those conditions is good IMO. And as nick said, he was about the only player on the pitch that seemed a real threat ( and clearly was) to barca.
Wow- The only one? Saddd that you say that man, one of the reasons madrid won was that all 11 players where totally commited and 100% busting ball all game long, Ronaldo was the only one that would complain and not defend, the other 10 players would sacrifice themselves, i'm talking about talented players like di maria and ozeil, sprinting 30 yards to win the ball etc and slidding etc- Ronaldo was the only one that would just attack, and barely pressure -

To my next point - Ozeil was doing great in attack, so was Di Maria, not to mention Marcelo- Real Madrid didn't spend much time attacking but when they did they where dangerous and sharp -

Do you remember the goal, Marcelo steals from messi in the middle of the field exelent pressure, DOUBLE wall pass with di maria, who makes a cut on Dani Alves, and puts it precisely in Ronaldo's forhead, the man just had to jump and give it direction - That goal was much more Marcelo's or Di Maria's than Ronaldo's who just pushed it in man-

My point, its complete bullcrap that Ronaldo was fighting alone, he had world class players, busting their asses off to set him up, or penetrate the back lines of barcelona, 1 player could have NEVER beaten a defense like Barcelona alone, the goal was perfect, and to beat barcelona you need more than one player attacking - and all of your players to defend, Ronaldo being the only one that would loose tha ball and complain on the floor will Di Maria, Adebayor, Ozeil would run back and chase lio,iniesta, and etc-

Rony didn't pass the ball to himself and score, he needed brilliant, fast and skilled players to set him up, and i think your taking a lot of credit from di maria, marcelo, ozeil, adebayour, who gave their all in attack and defense, and for their sacrifice, runs and plays allowed Ronaldo to shine and create danger, Ronaldo alone would have been outshone, and canceled out in a blink of an eye-

at the end of the day ronaldo did score the goal, and he's an exellent player, but it would have been nicer and more fair if di maria, or someother player got the goal, cause they constantly defended and in attack would create trouble down that flank - also Pepe wasn't a threat, was a fu**in menace with that post so to say Ronaldo was the only threat is complete and utter bulls**t for dozens of reasons -
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Jun 2011, 12:38

:roll: I didn't say Ronaldo was the only one battling, I said he was the only threat to Barcelona.

Yes the whole Madrid team played well and worked hard in that game, but only one player looked like scoring for Madrid, and he did. That was my point. I fail to see how this is hard to understand from what I said.

I'm amazed you say he moaned and didn't pressure however. At times he was the only player at the front pressuring. Then when Barca had a lot of possession, he tried to drop deeper to help defend and mourinho told him to get forward and not defend. That was the only time Ronaldo moaned the whole game, and it was directed at his manager for making him play that way. I know you're chief of the Ronaldo hate club, but you can't fault him for doing what his manager tells him to. It clearly worked anyway.

Collin, you don't have a beat a player with every step over you do. When Ronaldo actually tries to beat players using them, he does sell them as good as anyone else and beats the player.

The mini-stepovers are like augmentations to his play. In interviews before he said they are how he expresses himself. It is a show boat, no different to how Ronaldinho used to look the other way when passing in times where he did not need to. If you hate him doing them that much, then don't watch him.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 21 Jun 2011, 15:11

Haha. Mini stepovers that are blatantly obvious he is isnt trying to beat the man, piss off defenders as he is just embarrasing them, and then at the right moment BOOM he's away.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 21 Jun 2011, 16:59

Hmm I dunno. I don't think he does it to piss off defenders or wind people up. Yes he comes across as very arrogant in the way he carries himself, and it is very easy to attach negative personality traits to the way he looks, but the fact of the matter is he is pretty genuine and just loves his football. He gets involved in a lot of charity work which goes unheard of, I remember revista talking about him staying an extra hour after a game to meet some of the disabled fans, talk to them, and sign stuff for them.

That is a lot more than I would ask for in the conduct of a professional Footballer, certainly more than some "legends" who go round having multiple affairs.

But yeah, I really do think that the mini-stepovers are a part of his game that he developed as he grew up playing on the streets, and its stuck as he's rose to the top level. That is pretty refreshing and inspiring tbh.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 21 Jun 2011, 18:08

Yeaa Klc it is very inspiring.. And Klc does you exercise to get good at stepovers really work? Doing stepovers over a ball for like 15 seconds and trying it for 3 sets? Does it really work to really improve your stepovers?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 21 Jun 2011, 18:24

eddy any time you do a stepover you are getting better at them....clearly

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 21 Jun 2011, 19:27

^this. faster maybe better obviously

klimbo
New User

Re:

Post by klimbo » 14 Mar 2019, 13:42

collin wrote:
19 Jun 2011, 00:52
see im not a big fan of his stepovers, i will let him dance in front of me all day but it's not crazy effective. The difference between messi and ronaldo is messi is agressive and always goes forward, ronaldo likes to showboat and kind of stay on the side of people, and doesn't make very much progression going forward. I think just taking big touches in front of him and knocking it around defenders would be a way better style for him then his little dance moves that do nothing. He doesn't even sell the move, his body stays stiff the whole time. He's got the speed to just burst past someone with a big touch idk why he doesnt do it Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
i agreed with you bro thanks for this informative post