Picking a Team To Support?

English Premier League
desire10
Veteran Member

Picking a Team To Support?

Post by desire10 » 15 May 2011, 07:18

I live in Australia, and I already have a local pro team in the A-league I naturally support. I use to follow Chelsea since I was about 8/9yrs old, now I'm nearly 15 and I'm sick of them. and sick of being a glory hunter like everyone else in my school. Here, you either go for the big four or no one really, with the exception of the odd Man City fan (after the financial injection of cause). I go for no European team right now, but if I had to pick one, I'd want a team in the EPL. I don't see the point of picking a team right now, I mean I don't get any coverage here, and imo you can't really pick a team straight up, your team picks you. I know Pan' is a Man U supporter and he doesn't live in Manchester though...
Everything you need, is already inside.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 07:36

Hey mate. I live in Australia.

My family is from Liverpool so I go for them along with my family :P Been to some historic games and im proud to be a supporter aswell as a semi-scouser.

Im also an England supporter over Australia but I love seeing the Socceroos do well.

In terms of teams to support, England is the place to go my friend. If you support other teams from other countries, like Barca, Real, etc, youll get a big 'bandwagon' jumper tag.

So a little insight on the teams (other guys can help me out if you read this)

Newcastle, Stoke, Liverpool, Everton, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Brum....These are passionate, passionate clubs. The teams with the best fans, and some great memories. If Liverpool didnt exist, id naturally would be drawn to one of these sides. Usually from working class areas.

Man U *shudders* is a great side and I cant deny that. They have history, and i mean pre-EPL era. They have great players and play some great football, and in terms of transfer market....they are smart.

Tottenham play some great stuff too and are quite a big club along with Arsenal who are sometimes insane, but lack English nouce.

Dont go for Chelsea. I dont have too much against them but the supporters piss me off. Bandwagon jumperinos mate. Along with the mega Man City these days mate.

Black country teams are great too. West Brom, Wolves, Brum, Villa.

Blackburn, Wigan are teams that bore me mate. Dont go for them haha,

West Ham are a huge club but look like they are going down down down unfortunately.

Blackpool are brilliant and deserve some recognition along with Bolton who play some beautful stuff under Owen Coyle. Remember the name.

As for the rest...they are fine teams mate. Some I have mentioned arent EPL sides but :p

But if you wanna know more about the pool and why they are worth supporting just ask....im sure others will disagree :D

In conclusion, if you want biggish clubs with history and no glory atm, Everton, Liverpool, West Ham, Newcastle. DO IT!

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 15 May 2011, 07:54

Hey, thanks mate! I'll do some investigating before any conclusions OK. 8) Right now Newcastle are looking shortlist material.
Everything you need, is already inside.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 15 May 2011, 08:41

Yeah, i support the sounders obviously because they are my home team, outside of the USA i do love to watch man utd and i will have the pleasure of seeing them play july 21st i think against the sounders over here. I just found a team with qualities i like, the way they play how they raise youth players and the loyalty the club brings it's quite impressive to me. Of course when they come to Seattle i'll be part of the 68 thousand or so against them but after that i can love them again.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 09:39

nick117 wrote:Yeah, i support the sounders obviously because they are my home team, outside of the USA i do love to watch man utd and i will have the pleasure of seeing them play july 21st i think against the sounders over here. I just found a team with qualities i like, the way they play how they raise youth players and the loyalty the club brings it's quite impressive to me. Of course when they come to Seattle i'll be part of the 68 thousand or so against them but after that i can love them again.
Yeah Nicko!

Thats the spirit man. Great attitude. Yeah man, go for the passionate, history teams with great supporters...thats my tip.

Another thing desire...clubs like Newcastle and Tottenham have been teams in possession of some of mine aswell as others favourite players and idols.

Who do you support in the A league mate?

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 15 May 2011, 09:40

nick117 wrote:Yeah, i support the sounders obviously because they are my home team, outside of the USA i do love to watch man utd and i will have the pleasure of seeing them play july 21st i think against the sounders over here. I just found a team with qualities i like, the way they play how they raise youth players and the loyalty the club brings it's quite impressive to me. Of course when they come to Seattle i'll be part of the 68 thousand or so against them but after that i can love them again.
Yeah Nicko!

Thats the spirit man. Great attitude. Yeah man, go for the passionate, historic teams with great supporters...thats my tip.

Another thing desire. Clubs like Newcastle and Tottenham have been teams in possession of some of mine aswell as others favourite players and idols.

Who do you support in the A league mate?

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 15 May 2011, 09:51

Don;t support Newcastle!!! Bunch of pricks...
Support Sunderland :D :P

Met

Re: Picking a Team To Support?

Post by Met » 15 May 2011, 10:31

desire10 wrote: I know Pan' is a Man U supporter and he doesn't live in Manchester though...
Like most Man U supporters.

I moved to England, only saw Man U play where I used to live I felt I should pick a new team. I had a friend who was born the same day as me, to the year too, few hours older /younger than me and he supported Everton and I look at them, and started supporting them. Also had a player from my country playing for them so made more sense. Timmy is from Aussie, support us :D It always nice meeting an Everton supporter as its not a big club and we usually click. They usually speak scouse and I don't so always surprised.

Look at the history, notable matches, players and just keep current loop of things, current form. It's nice to able to give banter, e.g. glory supporter but again i have to able to take the banter back. It doesn't mean much at the end of the day so this choice isn't going to kill you.

Barcaelona10

Post by Barcaelona10 » 15 May 2011, 13:13

Manchester City has some strong supporters, ever seen there celebration haha? There's even a show about their hardcore supporters, the team itself though is on the rise winning a trophy after a long time yesterday.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 15 May 2011, 13:50

join me in supporting tottenham!! all they need is to buy a class forward and they have the league won!

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 15 May 2011, 14:39

collin wrote:join me in supporting tottenham!! all they need is to buy a class forward and they have the league won!
Drogba & Defoe. j**z

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2011, 14:42

As others have said, just read about football clubs, and their history. The club finds you in my opinion.

The main reason I support Barca is because of the ideology of the club. During the time of the Spanish civil war, they were seen as a refuge for the people who wanted to stand up to dictatorship, and were the countries revolutionaries. That is why Madrid and Barca have such intense rivalry, and where Barca's motto "more than a club" comes from.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 15 May 2011, 15:11

i really think tottenham need some spark up top, crouch is only good for headers, defoe is not somebody who holds the ball up and he cant push his way through the defense like drogba does, and he has been out of form lately. I think tottenham has one of the best midfields in the epl they just need to score more dont u think p793. Im trying to think of a forward who would be good for tottenham......hmmm they need someone good in the air and good playing on the ground

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 15 May 2011, 15:21

Drogba would be ideal for Spurs IMO. could be the difference, but got to remeber, Modric and Bale are probably going to leave EOS. Modric is out for deffo imo. Can see Man U signing him. Yous had Bent , but Harry Redknapps big mouth fu**ed up with him.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 May 2011, 17:54

Kun Aguero would be fantastic for spurs in my opinion, as he offers the main striking dimensions which Van der Vaart does not. However, for Aguero's sake of development, I want him to stay at Atletico.