Copa del Rey semi finals..

Spanish Primera Division
panchester07
Veteran Member

Copa del Rey semi finals..

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jan 2011, 23:27

So Real Madrid and Barcelona played today vs Sevilla and Almeria respectively....

The Sanchez Pizjuan was a big bowl of pressure, and they tired to intimidate the madrilians from the start. Sevilla even made a video of a campaign against Madrid, with players painting there faces in white and red colors, and saying stuff like "don't let any madridista take your seat", "do you want another cup?" and, finally at the end of the video it said "we are going to leave you without any cups" in portuguesse, probably directed at Mourinho...Sanchez Pizjuan was full and hostile, Casillas even got a bottle thrown at him at the end of the match, and the game was declared dangerous, and police forces including horses where sent to protect the match and try and avoid something tragic.... Mourinho played a 4-3-3, more defensive formation than usual, and it reminded me for times of Inter last year.. They really blocked sevilla in the middle of the field and cut the passing circuits, they won 0-1 with a spectacular Benzema goal, on Mourinho's 48th birthday..

Barcelona did their homework, and beat Almeria 5-0, it was 4-0 by the 31st minute so I thought I was gonna watch another 8-0... They certainly had the chances to score more goals, but the keeper made good saves, the post denied Maxwell, and Almeria was a tad more organized in the second half... Messi played well and scored 2, I really wanted to see his hattrick but it didn't happen.. Atleast he created a brilliant assist to find Keita for the 5-0.... Villa, and Pedro scored the other two goals... You know how it goes, tiki-taka, possesion, wall passes, left to right, through balls, and goals.. Brilliant short passes in the box, and another 5-0 in this season....

Looks like we are gonna see a Barcelona - Madrid final... That would be interesting because Copa del Rey final is played April 20th... and the clasico in Bernabeu is April 17th, we would see 2 clasicos in 3 days, i might have a heart attack.. this is higly likely

Theres also a chance that the two teams clash in the champions league in the semi finals, which are also in april :O:O

Comments?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 26 Jan 2011, 23:40

I will get a hard-on if they clash in the UCL aswell! Oh Lord that would be so epic. Madrid v Barca. Madrid v Barca. Madrid v Barca. Madrid v Barca.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Jan 2011, 04:43

Also, this almeria that just got raped 5-0 by the cules, is the same team that tied madrid 1-1 a few weeks ago and got people started on "the league is over" and what not...

Image of the "ghost goal":

Did it cross the line or no?

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Jan 2011, 15:56

clearly past the line

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Jan 2011, 16:02

Yep, I agree, it was close, but it was past the line.. I wonder if the linesmen had a Mourinho happy birthday t-shirt under his uniform cause :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrMBy8Lq ... r_embedded

Yesterday was also Barca's 8 manita (5 goals) of the season...

They have obtained:

4 in league, vs Sevilla, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, and Espanyol(away)

1 in the champions league vs Panatinaicos

and 3 in Copa del Rey vs Ceuta, Betis, and Almeria..

MVP (messi, pedro, and villa) add up to than 70 goals this season in all competitions 35 for the best in the world, 17 for maravilla, and 18 by pedrito..... who's stopping the cules?

Realistically maybe Chelsea if they can get there form back up, because even though Man Utd is my favourite team, and 1st in England, I don't have that much faith that they can stop the blaugrana's though I hope im wrong...

For now, atleast I can enjoy their good football, and magic...

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 28 Jan 2011, 17:15

Barcelona is not impossible to stop, but very difficult. There are a few probable ways but it will require tedious amount of planning and action.

Guardiola is really meticulous about little details, which makes him such a legendary revolutionary at Barcelona, alongside Cruyff. Constantly making eccentric yet meaningful gestures and commanding the team shows he has a severe obsession with the ball. Deprive his team of the ball, and that swift and mighty colossus will crumble.

Cutting out spaces and playing a low-line defence will help greatly. Not only that, but when the opponents win the ball, they should be able to keep it from the ravenous hounds that Pep has turned his players in to, unlike Cruyff and Rijkaard, who didnt show this much greed for the ball. Even if keeping Barcelona from dominating possession cant be achieved, then cutting out spaces near the goal would just limit them to crosses. We have all seen that alot when Barca faced bus parking teams. A useless cycle of win possession-Alves' cross-lose posession lol

Perhaps thats why Guardiola gave Messi the chance to play the libero role, which really creates a lot of problems for teams. He is all over the place and with his ability, he will either run through the defence or split it with a pass. Anywhere he goes, the defenders' paranoia makes them follow him, thus creating space for his teammates to get in open spaces.

Also, that usually creates two very dangerous triangles in the core of the field, which are Iniesta-Messi-Xavi and Villa-Messi-Pedro. Its their fluid movement, topped with great touch that is allowing him to improve rapidly as a # 10 Maestro, racking up goals/assists almost every game.

Then again Barca is going to Hercules. Their biggest test coming up will be against Arsenal. It should be a great game, considering the gunners have most of their players healthy this time around.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 28 Jan 2011, 17:30

I've been informed that Barcelona set the world record for the most passes recorded in a game against Real Sociedad. Eight hundred and fifty something I think. Not bad.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 28 Jan 2011, 20:50

ScottyBoy wrote:I've been informed that Barcelona set the world record for the most passes recorded in a game against Real Sociedad. Eight hundred and fifty something I think. Not bad.
Wow, if that figure is near accurate that's puts them somewhere nearly approaching 10 passes per minute or one pass every six seconds. And as good as Barca are at keeping the ball I'm sure they didn't have 100% possession (and also there must have been some time out of the 90 minutes wasted for fouls and throw ins etc) meaning when they had the ball they were likely completing a pass at a rate of approximately every 3-4 seconds over a span of (I'm estimating) 60-70 minutes. That's astonishing.
Click it