Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of being like 6.3

Im 5.11 but when im 21 ill be like 6.3 and 190 proly.. what are advantages and disadvantages of this..!! Im a Centermid .. thanks

im like 5 foot 11/12 same as you i think i will be 6 foot when im fully grown but im not sure.

The advantages of being tall will be:

you will be able to head higher balls
You will weigh more if you do strength training and be able to push shorter people off the ball easier.
You will be more intimidating to smaller players.

The disadvantages of being tall will probably be:
not as agile as smaller players.
players will probably be more likely to tackle harder against you because you look more of a threat.
The bigger you are the harder you fall.

thats all i can think of at the moment.
i was made to ignite

thanks dude.. how would it affect dribbling? cristiano and kaka are pretty tall players and great dribblers. but messi is a shorty and the besttt.... how would height affect dribbling skills!?

height should be no factor in your dribbling ability, the only thing that will affect your dribbling ability is how much you practice it.
i was made to ignite

mint wrote:

from where im from the taller players have more agility than shorter, and i am almost 6 feet.

people do tackle harder against me, but i always out muscle them
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

chimxcore wrote:
mint wrote:

from where im from the taller players have more agility than shorter, and i am almost 6 feet.

well yeah there will be some exceptions obviously but most big muscly players wouldn't be as agile as smaller players.
i was made to ignite

mint wrote:
im like 5 foot 11/12 same as you i think i will be 6 foot when im fully grown but im not sure.

The advantages of being tall will be:

you will be able to head higher balls
You will weigh more if you do strength training and be able to push shorter people off the ball easier.
You will be more intimidating to smaller players.

The disadvantages of being tall will probably be:
players will probably be more likely to tackle harder against you because you look more of a threat.
The bigger you are the harder you fall.

thats all i can think of at the moment.

That is pretty much it. I am 6'2" and all of those are pretty much right. The only thing is some players are afraid of you and they back of and then others will attack you more. When you first get out there show your dominance quickly so that more people are afraid of you