Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Player Vs. Player

Makalele v Emerson... thats a very hard one, both are experienced and have World Cup wins to their credit. I have to go with Emerson though because he has more potential on the attacking side of things and stays more positive. Makalele isn't as respectful shown by some of his recent overconfidence remarks in the media. He said they would beat Arsenals 40+ unbeaten run...they lost to Man Utd.

Niko Kranjcar(Croatia) v Simon Vukcevic(serbia)...

...nice to see you're still here CFRealMadrid
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

vukcevic is a decent player, but i can see more potential in kranjcar. he can distribute better, and is a real born playmaker. i haven't seen a ton of play by either one of them, so i'm going on very little, but i think kranjcar will be big one day.

salgado vs raul bravo
Hala Galacticos

Bravo is more versatile but I think at RB, Salgado is established and is one of worlds best.

Sergio Ramos vs Jonathan Spector
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

that's a tough one, and although i'm american i'm going with ramos. spector is good, but ramos is GOOD. real madrid good. i think spector will end up being the next eddie pope, as far as american defending is concerned, but ramos is the better player right now.

donovan vs. kuranyi
Hala Galacticos

Kuranyi because he is scoring some amazing goals in Bundesliga where Donovan failed with Leverkusen...

Klose v Kuijt
FORÇA BARÇA!

klose was amazing at wc 2002 but kuijt is much better right now. klose is better in the air, but kuijt is better with normal play. i'd say kuijt is better now, and will be overall, but klose has had the better career so far, if that makes sense.

nakamura vs. joe cole
Hala Galacticos

Cole, he is way better overall, Nakamura is better at set pieces only...

Sergio Aguero v Freddy Adu
FORÇA BARÇA!

i haven't seen too much of aguero, but what i have seen was excellent. freddy adu is a marketing puppet, although he did score some excellent goals this year (check the mls website in the goal of the year candidates for last season). i think aguero has a brighter outlook as far as playing in europe is concerned but adu will be a star in mls in time. so with that being said, i pick aguero

rio ferdinand vs sol campbell (meaning who should play at the world cup?)
Hala Galacticos

I say Rio. Cambell is world class but I really feel his time is up, Im not sure but I think that Rio is younger and recently sol has been struggling with very bad injuries, therfore I think Rio should play but Cambell is still great.
Also Im sorry if this has already been asked but: Peter Chech vs. GiGi Buffon (when if form)

I have to choose Cech recently, he almost never makes mistakes but Buffon never does also... very close....

John Arne Riise v Ryan Giggs
FORÇA BARÇA!

riise usually is more defensive, and is much better at tackling, and defending in general. giggs is much more fluent in attacking, and is basically the left footed equivalent of beckham when it comes to crossing. also, giggs is much more experienced. riise is still relatively young, so he'll improve a little, but i think giggs is overall better. tough one though.

i hate to be so high profile with these, but i have to ask:
gerrard vs lampard
Hala Galacticos

Very close but I choose Gerrard...he is good at tackling and is a better leader...

Robinho v Messi
FORÇA BARÇA!

Got to be Robinho - he is far more stylish and versatile, and better to watch. Both are improving greatly, but Robinho is better now.

erm.....Drogba versus Crespo
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

I disagee with Messi v Robinho...

about Drogba and Crespo..I have to go with Crespo... a better finisher, Dogba is better at dribbling etc.

Slobodan Rajkovic v Adu (futurewise)
FORÇA BARÇA!

adu should have a very bright future. if you've seen his goal of the year nomination, you'll see why. but seeing as rajkovic is already playing in europe, i think he'll be better. the players who start out in europe have a better chance in general, so i pick rajkovic.

kasey keller vs. paul robinson
Hala Galacticos