Login

Username:

Password:

Join the community

Don't have a forum account yet? We need you to join the discussion! It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up.

Recently, part of the EF community has migrated to the Soccer Shouts forums.

Sadly, another awful incident in Italy

Today, there was an incident at a motorway service station in Italy involving Lazio and Juventus fans.

Police intervened in an attempt to break up the fighting and at some point, 26 year old Gabriele Sandri was shot dead by police. Sandri was a Lazio fan and as a result of his death, the Lazio v Inter game was postponed today.

It seems there is still a long way to go in Italy before they sort out their many off-field problems.

In addition, the Atlanta v Milan game was abandoned after 10 minutes due to crowd trouble while the late match involving Roma and Cagliari was also postponed.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

F*cking ridiculous. Italians take football too f*cking serious. That is just completely wrong. No one should die for such petty sh*t as football.

iwannagopro wrote:
F*cking ridiculous. Italians take football too f*cking serious. That is just completely wrong. No one should die for such petty sh*t as football.

Especially Italian football, at that.

iwannagopro wrote:

I've watched a few shows on hooligans and by no means I am an expert, but really it's almost like these hooligans are organizations and these fights are already expected or planned. It's not like they just go fighting because they're team lost or won (Although it fuels the fire). It just happens almost every game.

Sad news once again.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

I've watched a few shows on hooligans and by no means I am an expert, but really it's almost like these hooligans are organizations and these fights are already expected or planned. It's not like they just go fighting because they're team lost or won (Although it fuels the fire). It just happens almost every game.

Sad news once again.

A lot of hooliganism is very organised to the extent its almost professional.

In my opinion, the worst thing about this incident was that the lad was apparently sitting in a car and was shot by an apparent "warning shot" by police. There will be an inquiry and its wrong to speculate too much about what happened but its quite obvious that the problems in Italy also include the way police handle situations. I've been to games in Italy and its not a pleasant experience.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ratherton wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

Sad news once again.

In my opinion, the worst thing about this incident was that the lad was apparently sitting in a car and was shot by an apparent "warning shot" by police. There will be an inquiry and its wrong to speculate too much about what happened but its quite obvious that the problems in Italy also include the way police handle situations. I've been to games in Italy and its not a pleasant experience.

thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

Sad news once again.

thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA, and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section

My bad, it should be in Serie A - clicked the wrong link - can some mod please move this thread.

Roma and PSG have both got their problems too. As for Lazio starting the problems? What do think this guy was doing to deserve to be shot? Aggresively sitting in a car?

umm, why is this in la liga..
(::)Maestro Tomsta (::)

ratherton wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

Sad news once again.

thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA, and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section

My bad, it should be in Serie A - clicked the wrong link - can some mod please move this thread.

Roma and PSG have both got their problems too. As for Lazio starting the problems? What do think this guy was doing to deserve to be shot? Aggresively sitting in a car?

no, they were probably jawing them once they saw him with a lazio jersey on
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Moved.

Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:

Sad news once again.

no, they were probably jawing them once they saw him with a lazio jersey on

Was he wearing a Lazio shirt?

tomsta911 wrote:
umm, why is this in la liga..

Because I started the top in the wrong forum by mistake

i don't know but a show i saw on TV had an interview with one of the Lazio ultras who said all the real fans wear the team jersey
fuck you

OFWGLLDGAF

Davidson9 wrote:
i don't know but a show i saw on TV had an interview with one of the Lazio ultras who said all the real fans wear the team jersey

The ultras are retards. Wearing a team shirt or not has nothing to do with whether or not someone is a true fan.

Honestly, all you're saying is the guy got killed because he deserved it because he was a Lazio supporter, and all of Lazio is shit, while your Roma is perfect. That's how it's come across to me.

Yeah right.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin