Footvolley

How much and what skills to practice
jcdenton
Veteran Member

Footvolley

Post by jcdenton » 14 Jul 2005, 21:00

about a week ago i was bored with my friends and we got the idea to play foot-volleyball...
last 5-6 days we've played it for hours every day...
it's just so interesting, and it helps your coordination and touch, maybe, does it?
does anyone play it?
i've played it so much that even when i sleep i have feeling like i'm playing it...

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 14 Jul 2005, 22:14

I've played football-tennis, which can be quite a good game for improving your reactions, accuracy and range of short passes. In essence, we play that the ball can bounce once, and you may take 2 touches to put the ball back over the net (playing in a regular tennis court)

Of course, usually the first touch is to get the ball under some sort of control, before volleying back towards the corner of the court. Of course, after playing this for a few hours, you will find yourself disguising shots... which aids tremendously when it comes to playing unexpected passes in a real game situation.

There are many versions of the game though. and finding whatever is most comfortable for you takes time.

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 15 Jul 2005, 16:37

i've played foot volleyball very fun and helps you practise your skills the brazillians do it all the time :D

D347H574R

Post by D347H574R » 16 Jul 2005, 01:03

I play it the same way magic feet does.
“This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool reserves.”
“If a player isn't interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be!”
Bill Shankly

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 16 Jul 2005, 17:44

I think football-tennis is a great idea. i feel like an idiot for not thinking of it b4
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

RAYES

Post by RAYES » 17 Jul 2005, 08:46

use....ur....top....foot
.*.* .El club más grande en el mundo, los madrid reales serán De nuevo los Campeones europeos .*.*.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 17 Jul 2005, 20:14

soccer volley ball is called takawra. its an ancient japanese sport and many there take it very serious. this is my second favorite sport and i occasionally play it once every 2 weeks.
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 09 Aug 2005, 17:17

i used to play it but not on a tennis court. we would just draw up lines and it wouldnt be that big so we would need good reflexes and better control

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 10 Aug 2005, 01:21

*yung-ital* wrote:soccer volley ball is called takawra. its an ancient japanese sport and many there take it very serious. this is my second favorite sport and i occasionally play it once every 2 weeks.
In South East Asia, guys play 'takraw' made of weaved rattan ball. they even dare to do scissors or bicycle kicks on the concrete ground!!

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 10 Aug 2005, 07:49

fir_nev wrote:
*yung-ital* wrote:soccer volley ball is called takawra. its an ancient japanese sport and many there take it very serious. this is my second favorite sport and i occasionally play it once every 2 weeks.
In South East Asia, guys play 'takraw' made of weaved rattan ball. they even dare to do scissors or bicycle kicks on the concrete ground!!

i have a flyer that says takaraw and says it orginated in japan. great pictures tho. i play soccer on a tennis court and me and my freinds call it "sennis"
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 10 Aug 2005, 10:16

Well man, if it says it originated from Japan, looks like Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore really like it. My dad used to scold me for not wanting to head a speeding rattan ball. That's crazy, man!!

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 11 Aug 2005, 02:21

those things are really heavy. i just stickw ith my freestyle soccer ball and play it over
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva