USA vs Spain (June 4th)

Impressions from games you have watched and predictions about upcoming games
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2011, 18:49

considering the teams playing and getting a shutout i would.
As panchester has already said, you can never "hand it to someone" by camping your own goal like football is a game of COD.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 18 May 2011, 19:29

I kind of disagree with that. I would think the Spanish players have huge pride playing for their country and consider it an honor to play for them, even if they are coming off a long season. Especially now that they are the European Champions and World champions.
Of course they are proud for playing for their national team, they couldn't get the results they got if it weren't for they're love for their colors, but ur not getting what im saying, the game is a total friendly, mostly commercial, to be honest, Spanish don't look at the Usa as a team that is on their level, but a few levels down, don't give me the bs that you won on the confederations cup, usa is YEARS behind Spain footbalistically, so its not like its a leveled match, and the main purpose is probably Spain is gonna get money for playing against the Usa etc....

u said it, spain is world and european champion, and the us is, ... a team with 3 or 4 players in okay teams in europe..?

Spanish player play like 60 matches per year, training everyday, and its a huge load on them, do you think now they want to play a damn friendly against a football team thats not really on their level, they play against chelsea, manchester uniterd, real madrid, barcelona, and you're gonna make them play vs players from LA Galaxy and Chicago Fire, which would probably be second or third division in the leagues these top players play..

U get what im saying? If you work 8 hours on a normal day, and your boss asks you to stay 4 hours of extra time, you'll do it, but if then your boss asks you for 4 more hours of extra time your not gonna look foward to it - The season is long and extremely tiring, and even though they love spain, and their football, i can imagine they aren't exactly jumping in one leg if there more than well deserved vacation is being posponed by some insignificant friendly against a nation thats not exactly on their league-

If it where the world cup, european finals, and important tournament, then by all means would they be excited and motivated, but this friendly means nothing against a team that means nothing to them-

"we handed it to brazil, we handed it to spain,"- wow what sport are we talkign about :lol: basketball maybe - :lol:
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 18 May 2011, 19:53

Panch did you watch the United Blackburn game? It finished 1-1 and United had one the title. But when Blackburn had the ball just after kick off, United didn't get the ball for like 30 seconds?! During those 30 seconds, Blackburn fu**ing handed it to them!!

Soz guys i'm jk.

Clearly the USA are not at the same level, that doesn't mean that they can't win, but Spain won't really care regardless, what is winning a friendly compared to winning a worldcup?

J
Admin

Post by J » 18 May 2011, 20:29

panchester07 wrote:
I kind of disagree with that. I would think the Spanish players have huge pride playing for their country and consider it an honor to play for them, even if they are coming off a long season. Especially now that they are the European Champions and World champions.
Of course they are proud for playing for their national team, they couldn't get the results they got if it weren't for they're love for their colors, but ur not getting what im saying, the game is a total friendly, mostly commercial, to be honest, Spanish don't look at the Usa as a team that is on their level, but a few levels down, don't give me the bs that you won on the confederations cup, usa is YEARS behind Spain footbalistically, so its not like its a leveled match, and the main purpose is probably Spain is gonna get money for playing against the Usa etc....

u said it, spain is world and european champion, and the us is, ... a team with 3 or 4 players in okay teams in europe..?

Spanish player play like 60 matches per year, training everyday, and its a huge load on them, do you think now they want to play a damn friendly against a football team thats not really on their level, they play against chelsea, manchester uniterd, real madrid, barcelona, and you're gonna make them play vs players from LA Galaxy and Chicago Fire, which would probably be second or third division in the leagues these top players play..

U get what im saying? If you work 8 hours on a normal day, and your boss asks you to stay 4 hours of extra time, you'll do it, but if then your boss asks you for 4 more hours of extra time your not gonna look foward to it - The season is long and extremely tiring, and even though they love spain, and their football, i can imagine they aren't exactly jumping in one leg if there more than well deserved vacation is being posponed by some insignificant friendly against a nation thats not exactly on their league-

If it where the world cup, european finals, and important tournament, then by all means would they be excited and motivated, but this friendly means nothing against a team that means nothing to them-

"we handed it to brazil, we handed it to spain,"- wow what sport are we talkign about :lol: basketball maybe - :lol:
you brought up alot of facts that are very well known concerning the level of play that the two teams are on. Is anyone disagreeing with you? No. So I don't know why you feel the need to keep repeating yourself with that.

I don't think the players are dredding this game as much as you say. Yes they may be tired, but I still bet you that playing for their country still gives them a huge sense of pride no matter how tired they are. Esepcially playing against the United Sates, who they want to prove to that it was a fluke when they beat them two years ago. I garauntee you it's still in the back of some of the players minds.
Last edited by J on 19 May 2011, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.

TheBrilliance

Post by TheBrilliance » 18 May 2011, 22:21

collin wrote:thats odd i sent you one ill try again
Nothing mate sorry. You got fb, you could contact me there. Ill try and send you a message now and then reply to that if you can.