ATTN: TV Watchers! Vote on Rome's Next Series View!

Music, movies and everything related to popular culture

Rome Should Next Watch...

Dexter
100%
Heroes
No votes
Weeds
No votes

Total votes: 1

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

ATTN: TV Watchers! Vote on Rome's Next Series View!

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jul 2011, 23:12

OK, so I'm not a big TV watcher. As a busy, working, soccer-playing man with a girlfriend, your resident forum moderator and high ranking affiliate in the EF Drug Pushing Cartel, I seldom have time for more TV than sports and checking sports scores. But over the summer, I somehow find time to read and watch at least one episode of quality TV a day. I have nevr been a big TV watcher, and the only series I really saw through (Up until Season 10 anyway) was CSI: .

So, currently I am watching The Wire. I absolutely love it for its supsense, realism and that no main character is safe. Soon, I will finish up, and I wanna get opinions on which show I should spend my valuable TV time watching next! I have prepared some choices in the poll that I'm toying with, but if you'd like to add an option, by all means, post so!

Thanks guys!

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 17 Jul 2011, 00:58

It depends on what you like man. I'll take it that you like thrillers from what you've previously watched. In this case, I highly suggest Criminal Minds, it's amazing.

One of my favorites, actually probably my most favorite, is How I Met Your Mother. It's not just hilarious, but it doesn't skimp of character development, you grow a soft spot for everyone in it, and there's always the excitement of who the 'mother' is going to be. It's good because it doesn't just revolve around Ted's (main character) life, it goes deeply into the other characters problems, and resolves them with suspense all the way into building up to the main "mother' ordeal.

I'm not sure If the genre will suit you, but nonetheless it's brilliant.
Everything you need, is already inside.

Met

Post by Met » 17 Jul 2011, 01:22

OMG! Great shout desire. I love that show too. I'm really annoyed when I'll find out about the mother usually before the show but I soon forget unless they remind me.

Heroes, I loved the first season. Then I felt it when down the drain after that. Like Lost. House, hmm, if you like watching someone arrogant and always coming up with the impossible answer, I guess you can go for it.
Dexter, a serial killer who tries to find other serial killers? It would drive me mad if people couldn't work it out. weeds, never heard of it.

To be honest, watch the first epi of all of them, gives you a better idea if you get a sudden urge to keep watching.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 17 Jul 2011, 01:43

I used to watch a ton of tv when I was younger not so much anymore unless its a soccer game. Anyways some of my favorites over the years

Friends- you just can't go wrong with this one. My favorite tv show.

The Tudors- good show if you like that period of time. Its about Henry VIII all his wives of course and the topic of the catholic church and lutheranism.

Burn Notice- right now its the only show I watch religiously every week. Lots of action, gadgets, spy type stuff.

The Wire- you already know about this one

Prison Break- i'll admit at first I only started watching this one because I thought Wentworth Miller (plays main character) was pretty cute. First season is really good but around the 3rd or 4th season it takes a weird turn. Still worth a watch though.

ER- awesome show if you like medical dramas. It ran for 15 seasons so if you really need a longer show to watch this is it!

Third Watch- show about cops, paramedics, and firefighters who work the 3rd shift in New York City.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 17 Jul 2011, 07:51

arsenalfc08 wrote:I used to watch a ton of tv when I was younger not so much anymore unless its a soccer game. Anyways some of my favorites over the years

Friends- you just can't go wrong with this one. My favorite tv show.

The Tudors- good show if you like that period of time. Its about Henry VIII all his wives of course and the topic of the catholic church and lutheranism.

Burn Notice- right now its the only show I watch religiously every week. Lots of action, gadgets, spy type stuff.

The Wire- you already know about this one

Prison Break- i'll admit at first I only started watching this one because I thought Wentworth Miller (plays main character) was pretty cute. First season is really good but around the 3rd or 4th season it takes a weird turn. Still worth a watch though.

ER- awesome show if you like medical dramas. It ran for 15 seasons so if you really need a longer show to watch this is it!

Third Watch- show about cops, paramedics, and firefighters who work the 3rd shift in New York City.
I second this!
Everything you need, is already inside.

p793
Veteran Member

Post by p793 » 17 Jul 2011, 12:42

Don't really watch many TV series any more...When I watch TV it's usually something funny like Malcolm in the middle/futurama or just flick through channels. I watched the whole series of the O.C when I was a little younger, was awsome imo Seth Cohen is one of the funniest characters ever.
Anyone seen it before?

Have you seen Lost btw?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 17 Jul 2011, 13:36

Good suggestions everybody! Can someone elaborate on Criminal Minds? I've heard a tiny bit about it, but I don't know. Does it have a storyline? I kinda pictured it as more along the lines of Cold Case for some reason.

Lost, I was maybe saving for a third go, seeing as how I had never seen it, only heard that it was supposed to be awesome. I've since had mixed opinions from people though, so I don't know. I probably will get around to watching it, but I won't watch it next.

Also, has Prison Break finished as a series, or is it still on-going?

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 17 Jul 2011, 14:07

Rome_Leader wrote:Good suggestions everybody! Can someone elaborate on Criminal Minds? I've heard a tiny bit about it, but I don't know. Does it have a storyline? I kinda pictured it as more along the lines of Cold Case for some reason.

Lost, I was maybe saving for a third go, seeing as how I had never seen it, only heard that it was supposed to be awesome. I've since had mixed opinions from people though, so I don't know. I probably will get around to watching it, but I won't watch it next.

Also, has Prison Break finished as a series, or is it still on-going?
Prison Break is finished it ran for 4 seasons.