Freestyle rap?

Music, movies and everything related to popular culture
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Freestyle rap?

Post by eddy192837 » 13 Mar 2011, 14:19

Alright i just got injured in my groin again soo i decided to pass the time by freestyle rapping cuz i just saw 8 mile the other day and it looks pretty cool to do. Anyone have any tips on how to be good? Or how can you even think so fast of ryhmes andstuff? Does anyone know how to do it and if you do can u help me!

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 13 Mar 2011, 23:22

It's best to freestyle about things you're VERY familiar with (obviously). So pick a topic and a preferably slow beat to start off with and just let it go. You're not gonna be like Weezy or Eminem or anybody right off the bat, they're just talented but I've seen average people spit some crazy sh*t before.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 14 Mar 2011, 00:50

i meann like wats the best way to get good at rhymin and thinkin of stuff on the spot and stuff?

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 14 Mar 2011, 00:55

Yeah, I don't usually freestyle myself- at parties when people want to spit I'm normally the one who beatboxes :lol: but I'd say it would be an asset to have a relatively extensive vocabulary. A lot of lines that leave people saying "ooooooohhh" are the ones where you use a phrase with a double meaning. I'm having trouble thinking of a good example but I hope you can figure out what I mean.

Like Evan said start with slow beats because it gives you more time to come up with the next line. You have to let it flow; you can't be over thinking what you are doing.

Sometimes when I'm driving if I'm bored and stuck in traffic I'll freestyle over this or anything else by Eprom. Maybe try to find some music like that and just give it a go dude.
Click it

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 14 Mar 2011, 01:09

ajc wrote:Yeah, I don't usually freestyle myself- at parties when people want to spit I'm normally the one who beatboxes :lol: but I'd say it would be an asset to have a relatively extensive vocabulary. A lot of lines that leave people saying "ooooooohhh" are the ones where you use a phrase with a double meaning. I'm having trouble thinking of a good example but I hope you can figure out what I mean.

Like Evan said start with slow beats because it gives you more time to come up with the next line. You have to let it flow; you can't be over thinking what you are doing.

Sometimes when I'm driving if I'm bored and stuck in traffic I'll freestyle over this or anything else by Eprom. Maybe try to find some music like that and just give it a go dude.
"take off your pants and jacket"

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 14 Mar 2011, 02:47

^^^^There ya go :wink:
Click it