8 Hour Challenge

Music, movies and everything related to popular culture
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

8 Hour Challenge

Post by rzadzinski » 03 Feb 2011, 06:53

Many of you have probably seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PRKfj_5Oso

But it's 2 Canadian kids who decided to create a top 40 challenging hit in under 8 hours, way less than that.

If you actually check them out, the rapping guy actually has some not bad stuff on his own channel that's way more indie rap (Atmosphere style anyone):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsB-DhjIJaQ
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 03 Feb 2011, 22:52

yeah i saw the video on wimp.com a few weeks ago. there was also an article in the paper today so i guess they're getting some decent publicity.
brilliant idea, and it really shows what a joke pop music is.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 04 Feb 2011, 00:25

Man, I gotta say, I didn't expect a whole lot, but if that stuff couldn't make Top 40, it would be damn close. It can go viral through Youtube and top the charts just like Bieber. :p

If they didn't dick off and go for burgers and such, and fine tuned it a little, it would be even better. Imagine if they had a whole week, or more. Could turn out a whole album! :p

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 04 Feb 2011, 08:11

Doesn't Bieber have like 3 songs? Is that just maybe 12 hours of work for these guys? haha.

Either way they've been contacted by a bunch of people I'm sure (Gene Simmonds and more). Now it will be interesting to see what their next steps are. They've said they're not going to be making pop music because it doesn't interest them. However, maybe they'll make some cash with that and then try to progress with their real music acts.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin