Will juve pose a threat?

Italian Calcio
Solid0Snake

Post by Solid0Snake » 30 Aug 2007, 00:52

I don't think they got qualified for the champion's league this year :(

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 31 Aug 2007, 00:46

flyhigh19 wrote:I'm pretty sure Juventus can make the Champions League or a top 4 spot in the standings. I think they will be a great club again.
They sold majority of their players after they were relegated, I don't think any time soon they are ready to be contender for the Scudetto, possibly UEFA cup next seson, remember they have a young side only very few experience players like Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero and other big names, and that's about it. So, having those experience player do little at the moment when injuries stuck them late or mid-season. Consistancy winning will be the key, right now I don't think they'll be ready for the Champions League next season.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 31 Aug 2007, 00:56

ballackfan wrote:
flyhigh19 wrote:I'm pretty sure Juventus can make the Champions League or a top 4 spot in the standings. I think they will be a great club again.
They sold majority of their players after they were relegated, I don't think any time soon they are ready to be contender for the Scudetto, possibly UEFA cup next seson, remember they have a young side only very few experience players like Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero and other big names, and that's about it. So, having those experience player do little at the moment when injuries stuck them late or mid-season. Consistancy winning will be the key, right now I don't think they'll be ready for the Champions League next season.
Don't forget the still have Buffon... One of the greatest keepers in the world if not the greatest. AND 3 of their new signings all scored a goal a couple days ago against Parma AND they won their first game 5-1 AND the transfer market isn't closed yet. Things are definitely looking up. I think a champions league place might be a good possibility next year.