Sadly, another awful incident in Italy

Italian Calcio
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 11 Nov 2007, 21:02

Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:
Davidson9 wrote: thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA, and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section
My bad, it should be in Serie A - clicked the wrong link - can some mod please move this thread.

Roma and PSG have both got their problems too. As for Lazio starting the problems? What do think this guy was doing to deserve to be shot? Aggresively sitting in a car?

no, they were probably jawing them once they saw him with a lazio jersey on
Just to clarify, I don't understand what you mean with this post at all.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 12 Nov 2007, 01:23

First of all, yes, Rzad, most events of hooliganism are completely organized, either by one side or the other, sometimes both.

Secondly the car, containing I believe 3 lazio fans, was being surrounded by Roma fans who were holding rocks (I suppose with the intent to smash the car) the police officer (Who shot two "warning shots") shot Gabbriele through the rear window, Gabbriele who, according to his friends, was not a violent man or a highly involved fan in any case.

The police officer will most likely be charged with murder.

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 12 Nov 2007, 02:04

Hugh wrote:The police officer will most likely be charged with murder.
That's doubtful. Manslaughter, perhaps.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 12 Nov 2007, 03:01

Yes, but manslaughter is technically 3rd degree murder...

I've allways thought that manslaughter sounds worse...

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 12 Nov 2007, 03:39

ratherton wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote: A lot of hooliganism is very organised to the extent its almost professional.

In my opinion, the worst thing about this incident was that the lad was apparently sitting in a car and was shot by an apparent "warning shot" by police. There will be an inquiry and its wrong to speculate too much about what happened but its quite obvious that the problems in Italy also include the way police handle situations. I've been to games in Italy and its not a pleasant experience.
thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA, and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section
My bad, it should be in Serie A - clicked the wrong link - can some mod please move this thread.

Roma and PSG have both got their problems too. As for Lazio starting the problems? What do think this guy was doing to deserve to be shot? Aggresively sitting in a car?
oops not PSG, i typed that while watching a PSG game

Nestapernambucano

Post by Nestapernambucano » 12 Nov 2007, 08:56

First of all as a football fan my condolances go to the family of Gabriele Sandri. Secondly as a Lazio fan I find it greatly upsetting that some of you say that he deserved to be shot for being a Lazio fan.
Secondly the car, containing I believe 3 lazio fans, was being surrounded by Roma fans who were holding rocks (I suppose with the intent to smash the car) the police officer (Who shot two "warning shots") shot Gabbriele through the rear window, Gabbriele who, according to his friends, was not a violent man or a highly involved fan in any case.
Allegedly the officer shot into the air to clear the riot and the bullet hit him on the way down. He did nothing wrong.

thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section
Davidson9. As a matter of fact Roma have a record of attacking us. The only fan killed at a Rome Derby was a Lazio fan hit by a Roma flare, hence my sig. Also, when we beat you 3 nil in the Derby last year the Roma fans came around the stadium to start a fight. (The fact we put 7 in hospital is irrelevant).
Honestly, all you're saying is the guy got killed because he deserved it because he was a Lazio supporter, and all of Lazio is sh*t, while your Roma is perfect. That's how it's come across to me.
That pretty much sums it up for me.

Look. As a Lazio fan I dislike Roma and I'm sure some of you are the other way around. It is fine to have a go at a club. But to stereotype fans and say they deserve to die because of their affiliation is just plain wrong and insulting. I would never wish death upon anyone. Not even a Roma fan.

:cry: RIP Vincenzo Paparelli. Killed by an AS Roma flare in 1979. :cry:
:cry: RIP Gabriele Sandri. Killed by a Police Officer in 2007. :cry:
FORZA LAZIO

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 12 Nov 2007, 15:50

Nestapernambucano wrote:First of all as a football fan my condolances go to the family of Gabriele Sandri. Secondly as a Lazio fan I find it greatly upsetting that some of you say that he deserved to be shot for being a Lazio fan.
Allegedly the officer shot into the air to clear the riot and the bullet hit him on the way down. He did nothing wrong. and no RZad thats not what i meant

thats just disgraceful, and started by Lazio fans no doubt, this is hwy i support ROMA and PSG, not as violent, shouldn't this be in the Serie A section
Davidson9. As a matter of fact Roma have a record of attacking us. The only fan killed at a Rome Derby was a Lazio fan hit by a Roma flare, hence my sig. Also, when we beat you 3 nil in the Derby last year the Roma fans came around the stadium to start a fight. (The fact we put 7 in hospital is irrelevant).
Honestly, all you're saying is the guy got killed because he deserved it because he was a Lazio supporter, and all of Lazio is sh*t, while your Roma is perfect. That's how it's come across to me.

Look. As a Lazio fan I dislike Roma and I'm sure some of you are the other way around. It is fine to have a go at a club. But to stereotype fans and say they deserve to die because of their affiliation is just plain wrong and insulting. I would never wish death upon anyone. Not even a Roma fan.

you are misunderstanding me, i don't think this person deserved to die, im not that type of person, you would think that people would have better things to do than fight over football, im sorry for the misunderstanding

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 12 Nov 2007, 23:38

Davidson9 wrote:
Nestapernambucano wrote:First of all as a football fan my condolances go to the family of Gabriele Sandri. Secondly as a Lazio fan I find it greatly upsetting that some of you say that he deserved to be shot for being a Lazio fan.
Allegedly the officer shot into the air to clear the riot and the bullet hit him on the way down. He did nothing wrong. and no RZad thats not what i meant

you are misunderstanding me, i don't think this person deserved to die, im not that type of person, you would think that people would have better things to do than fight over football, im sorry for the misunderstanding
Obviously you don't understand the severity and planning of hooliganism.

But it's no problem, that's over with.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 13 Nov 2007, 00:00

Forget allegiances to clubs, as a human being I find it greatly upsetting that some say that he deserved to be shot for being a Lazio fan!
Click it

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 13 Nov 2007, 04:19

ajc wrote:
Forget allegiances to clubs, as a human being I find it greatly upsetting that some say that he deserved to be shot for being a Lazio fan!
look, not to get worked up or anything, but i didn't say that he deserved to be shot because he supported Lazio, im not the type of person that would even think that

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 14 Nov 2007, 00:22

I didn't mean to accuse you. I don't know who said that or if it was ever said on this forum, I was just responding to Nestapernambucano's post.
Click it

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 14 Nov 2007, 00:35

ok sorry for that then

Nestapernambucano

Post by Nestapernambucano » 15 Nov 2007, 08:05

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

His funeral was Yesterday and it was great to see Roma fans there as his coffin was draped in lazio scarfs and team songs chanted.

:cry: RIP Vincenzo Paparelli. Killed by an AS Roma flare in 1979. :cry:
:cry: RIP Gabriele Sandri. Killed by a Police Officer in 2007. :cry:
FORZA LAZIO

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 15 Nov 2007, 12:49

i think football hooliganism is about the most pointless thing ever invented especially when its the innocent people caught up in it that usually suffer

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 15 Nov 2007, 18:36

Its a very sad incident it really is and i hope the Italian FA can crack down on this.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.