BEST MARADONA VIDEO EVER

Links to video files and compilations
collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 Jun 2011, 22:20

eddy man you don't have to try and do everything panch does, juggle as much as you think you can, until you get tired or whatever, try and go past 1000 for heck sake. Everyone is different some people have to work alot harder then others and some people it comes more natural to, doing what panch does will not guarantee success, his routine is simply what works for him after alot of testing

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 13 Jun 2011, 22:26

Sorry man but if he says that all this juggling gives you amazing out of this world touch, might as well give it a try. And sometimes you got to work harder if you want to be the best you can be during the season. Working hard in preseason = guaranteed great regular season.... So why not?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 13 Jun 2011, 22:42

juggling is how you domesticate and educate your feet, from a heavy touch with no control that tries to perform a cut and the ball does the complete opposite, to the exact opposite, a perfect smooth maradonian cut, the difference is all juggling -

that 1,000 touch juggling routine will work for you, me and dupree (anyone), it will give you the coordination, feel, and touch of your favorite players, just do it with discipline and then watch the results in a matter of days -

1,000 with both (250 x 4 so you don't get bored/loose focus)
1,000 with right(250x4 so you don't get bored/loose focus)
500 with left(you don't need it as much, you're not gonna be dribbling or using as much as the right one)
X amount depending on your level of right - left - flick over your head control with right - left- flick over your head --

trust me your touch will be amazing if it isn't get extraordinary already-

i also discovered slalom drills don't work so much for me and cone cuts-

the one that does work for me is sprinting 30 yards with the ball or a certain distance... this drill improves my touch aswell and all the nike dribbling drills too - but don't get confused or stressed out, you don't have to do them all -

juggle and do 1 or 2 drills and you'll be set - train like for 1 hour 1 hour and a half a day on your own
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 13 Jun 2011, 23:47

im not saying you shouldn't do it its going to get you better, what im trying to say here is everybody should base their routine on what works best for them. Like panchester just said, cone drills don't work for him, for some people they do. There are some good players i have come across that cant juggle for sh*t, everyones different thats all im trying to get to is just develop your routine around yourself

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jun 2011, 01:13

yes everybody should do their own routine, and there are wonderful players that can't juggle, what i'm saying is juggling is how you educate your foot to have the best touch...
e
if you want to have stronger biceps you do bicep curls -

if you want to have better touch you juggle -

if you want to get stronger and better faster, you'll organize your workouts in sets and reps - instead of doing it disorganizedly and doing 55 in one day, and being sore the next day and not doing it properly -

if you want to get better touch faster, quicker, and more effectively you'll organize your juggling workout into sets , reps, etc, this is what you're trainin and i'm telling you it works because its pretty much muscle memory, repetition, and science -

it's not that one day it'll work, and one day it wont, it will work for larry, but not for jerry, it works because its how you teach your foot to treat the ball properly, the difference between Maradona, and Gravesen -

you can get better, go pro be great without juglging, but you will educate and coordinate your foot in a way that you beocme amazing with the ball in your feet, like it its glued to your foot, if you do proper juggling routines -

and manymany pro's have stated that control/touch is the most important characteristic in a profesional -

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 14 Jun 2011, 01:50

of course it is!

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 14 Jun 2011, 03:43

Will doing that 3 times a week be enough?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Jun 2011, 04:04

I do it 5-6 times a week but i can do the whole routine in like 35 minutes so it might be different for ya' but 3 times a week will help-

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 14 Jun 2011, 05:14

For the flick over head thing, do you flick it over and then bring it down? Or flick it over and keep juggling after? I'm guessing it's the latter.

I've only got 30 mins room for a juggling routine - twice a week. How could I summarize it? Or should I just wait 'til I've finished with my current training and then go all out on juggling?
Everything you need, is already inside.

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 14 Jun 2011, 15:08

i think what he does is heres an example

stand with your back to a cone like 30 yards away, juggle the ball, flick it over your head, run onto it bring it down then accelerate and dribble to the cone or marker or line or whatever you want to use. You can do that in alot of different ways, with the inside and outside of your foot

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Jun 2011, 16:34

Best drill for me is make a square zone out of cones that is 5m by 5m in size. Stand in the middle of the square, flick the ball up, juggle it 4 times and on the 5th juggle kick the ball about 15-20 foot up in the air. As the ball comes down control it with either the inside of your boot or the outside. You can also practise controlling with the laces but that is not as effective at making sure the ball doesn't bounce afterwards.

The goal is to not let the ball bounce and to stay in the square zone in one touch. It is great for improving control and co-ordination.

People who do the Nike control program will recognise this as one of the core exercises.

You can then adapt it so that you are in the square zone about 20 yards from goal and you have to control and turn in one touch before shooting into the sides of the goal with either foot on the second touch, again keeping the ball in the zone until the shot.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 15 Jun 2011, 01:40

How long would you think it takes to feel improvement with that drill KLC? And how many times should you do them? Like 20x each

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Jun 2011, 04:26

You can also practise controlling with the laces but that is not as effective at making sure the ball doesn't bounce afterwards.
I thought that's how you're supposed to control those type of balls :?

I'm confused -

The drill looks awesome though, i think i've done it before and might try to do it everynow and then, definetly obvious it would help -

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 15 Jun 2011, 06:30

Yes it's a great drill, I've have it in my schedule for ages.

The technique really depends on you, and your objective. If you want to move the ball in a certain direction, I'd take it on the bounce with the inside of your foot (outside works too). Otherwise, if I want it just static and in front of me, I bring it down with the top of my foot (a little closer to your toes, where you use for flicking), and I draw my foot down to absorb the gravity and cushion it.
Everything you need, is already inside.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 15 Jun 2011, 08:43

I dunno, the drill on the Nike app tells you to use either the inside of outside of the foot whilst controlling the ball. I suppose it's probably because you can't turn or redirect the ball very well if you control the ball with your laces.