Nike Stand Up Speak Up Dual Interlocked Wristband

Clothing, shin guards, gloves and other soccer-specific products
mrbeankid22

Nike Stand Up Speak Up Dual Interlocked Wristband

Post by mrbeankid22 » 27 Jul 2005, 01:30

Hey peeps,

I was wondering if anyone is into the Nike Stand Up Speak up Wristbands. What do you think about Nike's cause to end Football's racism. Anyone who has the bands. Anyone planning to buy one?? What do you think about the fake ones.

Please give input :D

Here's the main site
http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup/en/h ... ?page=home

lyricalgh
Veteran Member

Post by lyricalgh » 27 Jul 2005, 02:05

they want ur money
do u really need that???
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 27 Jul 2005, 11:15

The money doesn't go to Nike. Don't be so cynical.

romania_soccer

Post by romania_soccer » 27 Jul 2005, 16:42

"ALL THE MONEY RAISED WILL BE ADMINISTERED AND DISTRIBUTED BY THE INDEPENDENT KING BAUDOUIN FOUNDATION (KBF) TO SUPPORT ANTI-RACISM PROJECTS AND INITIATIVES ACROSS EUROPE. A MAXIMUM OF 25% OF YOUR DONATION GOES TOWARDS THE COST OF THE WRISTBAND."

Sorry the text was originally written in caps lock.

Good initiative, too bad there's none in Canada and US.

Where are the fakes??
Immediately start dealing with it.

zadie
New User

Standup Speakup

Post by zadie » 27 Jul 2005, 18:29

i think it's a great idea. And would like to support it but here in america they don't sell the wristbands only in europe.. i have seen the fakes one and i think people shouldn't buy the fakes one but there's nothing to do because they don't sell them over here so can't say anything about it. but it wil be great to have the original one. I think that the campain it's not about money is about the racism that in football is well known and musn't exist.

mrbeankid22

Bands

Post by mrbeankid22 » 27 Jul 2005, 18:43

Hey,

I know you can get the bands in europe but unfortunately we cant get them in North amercia. Not real ones at least. The ones on ebay are for the sellers profit and not help raise money for anti-racism. Right now the only way I think you can get them is to have someone order it europe... :( The way you can tell if they are fake is the official ones are:

- In a package that is sealed. And it does NOT say resealable bag on the sealed part.

- It also says 2 pounds our Euro 1.50 on the back of the package.

- The bands should have official nike swoosh.

- There is a statement on the back that tells about the kbf.

PEace :wink:

matt
EF Forum Legend

Post by matt » 27 Jul 2005, 19:07

i think it's a gd idea, i am currently wearing them now (along with my MAKE POVERTY HISTORY wristband)

hopefully this will raise awareness to a very serious issue. racism has been around for a while and very little has been done.

i was jst wondering - how can u actually stop racism? the only action i've seen is advertisements for various causes but thts it.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 28 Jul 2005, 01:50

yeah im into wearing the wristbands, ecspecially the ones like the LIVESTRONG ones or like one that promotes somthing like cancer in that case. I would love to wear the stand up speak up ones too cuz many ppl wouldnt know what it is and i could tell them about it and explain it and it promotes the fight against racism, though i still dont know how it will do that, unlike the LIVESTRONG ones were there is a cancer foundation.

AHull
New User

Post by AHull » 09 Jan 2006, 16:29

Its all about creating awareness the the problem and uniting the people under a common flag. That flag just so happens to be the stand up speak up foundation in football. Honestly unil the stand up commercials with big rio and all the guys I didn't know racisim was that big of a problem outside maybe italy. It really has boosted alot of peoples awareness.
Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football. ~Anthony Burgess

Kaka666

Post by Kaka666 » 07 Mar 2007, 03:24

i'm wearing a pair right now :D although mine are fake(no real ones in north america, sadly enough) but i think fake or real, the message is there. I bought a pack from amazon.com and it came with 8 or 9, i forgot, and i passed them out to my friends, so we're all rocking the bands

littlestar
New User

Re: Standup Speakup

Post by littlestar » 25 Jul 2017, 09:33

zadie wrote:
27 Jul 2005, 18:29
i think it's a great idea. And would like to support it but here in america they don't sell the wristbands only in europe.. i have seen the fakes one and i think people shouldn't buy the fakes one but there's nothing to do because they don't sell them over here so can't say anything about it. but it wil be great to have the original one. I think that the campain it's not about money is about the racism that in football is well known and musn't exist.

Hello,

Can you please suggest me which type of wristband is good dual interlocked or single?