Cant do individual practice...

How much and what skills to practice
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Cant do individual practice...

Post by eddy192837 » 27 Aug 2011, 03:57

Soo i have practice now 6x a week and have to travel on weekends to different places in the US to play my games for my league.. Anyways im also in my Junior Year so i have a lot of hw and i need to get a good grade this year. So my question is how can i do individual practice? I barely have time, should i squeeze it in.. cuz i am already getting alot of work in

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Aug 2011, 08:36

Man.. If your training 6 times a week you don't absolutely NEED to practice on your own.... Your life is perfectly fine and balanced the way it is.. Balancing school work, games, and training is a beautiful life to live and a blessing bro... 6 times a week.. thats exellent.. who says its a must for you to train alone man? that amount of days is like 12 hours a week atleast.. plus the game adds up to like 14 hours.. your getting enough time on the ball to escalate your level quick..... sometimes overdoing practice and practicing too much can actually have negative effects on ya, like extra pressure on "noticing results quick" ..... and comparing yourself to others "damn i practice alone and i'm not THAT much better than these other kids that don't as I would like to be".... you can practice 12 hours a week, and play for 2 hours a week, and make those hours count with intensity, concentration, and hard work and it'll be more than enough for ya.....

But if you really want to practice more hours.. Then organize yourself.. "oraganization is the key to success" ... if you go to school from 7 am to 2pm for instance, and your practice is at 4pm, then what do you do from 230 pm to 330pm? you could squeeze in an hour of ball work, its not that hard.. my year as an exchange student in nevada, i played varisty soccer and practiced alone almost everyday, before and after team practice....

Basically eddy, it breaks down to, if you really want to practice, and want to improve you'll find time to do so.. If you don't really want to, you'll make up an excuse of "i don't have enough time", which has been proven to be one of the lamest excuses out there..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 27 Aug 2011, 11:49

are you in the academy league?

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 27 Aug 2011, 15:22

i think you dont its very necessary for you to be training on your own with 6x practice a week, maybe once or twice a week on your own if your feeling it? One thing you have to remember eddy is THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE TRAINED FOR, this is it right here, now rely on your training sessions to guide you through it....