Eyes up

Dribbling moves, trapping and anything related to ball control
dksaluki
New User

Eyes up

Post by dksaluki » 21 Oct 2016, 02:03

So I've been trying to do better at keeping my head up so I don't feel so rushed and overwhelmed when dribbling the ball during games. But in close quarters with lots of quick touches, there's no way to NOT look at the ball right?! I mean I'm not literally staring at the ball..more like 3-4 feet in front of me... But there isn't time between touches to literally look around the field. Is this normal in close quarters with lots of quick touches? Is seeing the ball in periphery good enough? Some expert opinion would be greatly appreciated!

expert
Site Admin

Re: Eyes up

Post by expert » 22 Oct 2016, 09:27

Hi, sure, the important thing is knowing what's happening around you.
So looking around is important when dribbling into space.
Harder to look up when you're under pressure,
so you have to look around in advance and be aware before you receive the ball.
Good luck!

diazsoccer
New User

Post by diazsoccer » 10 Dec 2016, 06:23

Hey dksaluki,

I've created a 1,000 touch drill that helps players improve their close ball control. Practicing this drill is sure to help with your ball control which in turn will help you improve your ability to look up during your matches because you'll be more comfortable with the ball. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYDc_AWdqw

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any feedback.

Take care, Jeff

Tungbat1
New User

Post by Tungbat1 » 25 Aug 2017, 07:09

diazsoccer wrote:
10 Dec 2016, 06:23
Hey dksaluki,

I've created a 1,000 touch drill that helps players improve their close ball control. Practicing this drill is sure to help with your ball control which in turn will help you improve your ability to look up during your matches because you'll be more comfortable with the ball. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZYDc_AWdqw

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any feedback.

Take care, Jeff
thanks mate, althought there were not lots of views on your video but it still helped me a lot when you demonstrate by doing exercise with your eyes up, I think I'll get better ball control and improve my head up also, thanks again man

Candy12
New User

Post by Candy12 » 21 Oct 2017, 01:12

Dribble not only to watch the ball should always observe the surrounding, test your speed and observation. :P :P