Injured Groin.... another injury....

How to treat and prevent soccer-related injuries
eddy192837
Veteran Member

Injured Groin.... another injury....

Post by eddy192837 » 13 Mar 2011, 14:07

alrightt i just came back from an injury that i have been out for three weeks and i started practicing for two weeks again... i had a game yesterdayy and i got injured playing.. i felt my groin staart hurting a little but i just forgot about it then like 10 minute later i was about to make asmall run and i felt a small pull it hurt for a while but not that much pain.. so i got out and put ice on it.. now today its hurts a little but still hurts in the upper inner thigh or groin.. how long do you think i will be out? if i put ice and compress it, take advil and do everything you think it can be a week? cuz statess is in two weeks

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 14 Mar 2011, 09:59

my friend did the exact same thing when I was playing a pick-up game with him. With no treatment he was back in 2 weeks.
Everything you need, is already inside.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 14 Mar 2011, 12:20

It barely hrts today so ima take a week off, ice it, rest it and the come back then

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 14 Mar 2011, 17:54

You probably should stretch it well during this break. Most groin pulls happen from too far of a stretch when not warmed-up properly. When you come back in a week or so, take twice as long of a warm-up pre-practice to make sure you don't set yourself further back. It's one of the injuries that can reoccur constantly without warning if not allowed to heal properly.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 15 Mar 2011, 10:02

TommyGun wrote:You probably should stretch it well during this break. Most groin pulls happen from too far of a stretch when not warmed-up properly. When you come back in a week or so, take twice as long of a warm-up pre-practice to make sure you don't set yourself further back. It's one of the injuries that can reoccur constantly without warning if not allowed to heal properly.
To second that, one of our strikers pulled something in his calf late last season, and now early this season, he just pulled it again. This all came from not warming up efficiently. Also cool-down!
Everything you need, is already inside.