a bad day at the office

How to treat and prevent soccer-related injuries
collin
Veteran Member

a bad day at the office

Post by collin » 23 Feb 2011, 05:10

well another setback has come i was at team practice dribbling around in our warm up and i was dribbling very fast and somehow i tripped over myself and all my body weight and pressure fell on my right foot and it went down (ankle to the ground) and it hurt soo bad. this is the worst pain i have ever felt and i could barely move it and couldn't put pressure on it at all, i went to the doctors and thank god they said it was just a really bad sprain, so i got a boot and some crutches and its going to take a week or so to heal up. wanna know the shittiest thing? i have an ohio scouting tournament not this weekend but the next weekend and 1 of 2 things could happen here. Either i dont play at all, or i play and i will be complete sh*t with no fitness. overall this just really sucks everything was going good to, 2 weeks i ago i told myself these next 2 weeks are mine that im going to do work and first the quad now this gosh i am unlucky. Also missing my 2 games this weekend :< im scared to even find out what it will be like for me to run or touch a ball a week from now

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 23 Feb 2011, 06:29

I read your post about you injured quad earlier, your like me, I'm really injury prone.

A week though isn't that long, your touch should be fine, I wouldn't worry too much.

The annoying thing about it is that you've picked a really bad week to be injured, I feel really sorry you, and there isn't much I can say that can help you.

Remember - Pain is temporary, defeat is permanent. So once you get better, don't let it beat you, and you'll be back in good form in no time.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 23 Feb 2011, 06:58

well there isnt the option of stealing office supplies in footy, so if ya injured, just use the time out to improve other aspects. i.e. tactical, other parts of body etc

collin
Veteran Member

Post by collin » 23 Feb 2011, 17:29

yeah thanks guys ill try and watch alot of footy and do alot of upper body work

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 23 Feb 2011, 19:07

Wanderer has it spot on, also don't underestimate rest

Rest can make your twice the player your could potentially be when used properly